Trying to reinstall B-17

A Living Legend
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Trying to reinstall B-17

Post by bullfox »

After stumbling across some of my old screenshots of the A2A B-17, I tried to load it into FSX and found the files corrupted. The instruments don't show in the cockpit and some of the 2D panels dont display. I went into my A2A account and found where I had originally bought and downloaded the B-17 in 2009. I re-downloaded but the installer wont run saying it cant find the B-17. I wonder if I have the FX9 version rather than the FSX version? On the FSX aircraft loading screen I get three B-17s but the textures don't have thumbnails so all that displays in the aircraft loading window is the FSX icon for when there is no thumbnail. Also I have a B-17F as well as the B-17G. The F has a Memphis Bell texture that I got some where. You can see it in the image I posted today.

My recollection is that the B-17 got corrupted when my computer crashed and I switched from XP to Win7 so I have quite a tail of woe, but the question is what do I do now, Lewis? Also does the A2A B-17 include an F model? The main visible difference is the F model doesn't have a chin turret. Not sure how I got the F model.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Trying to reinstall B-17

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have both the A2A and Aeroplane heaven B17`s , A2A did just the G but Aeroplane heaven did the F and G , do you have both Aeroplane heaven and A2A B17`s installed .
Also when your system got corrupted , did you make sure ALL of A2A B17 files where removed prior to reinstall , also some anti virus programs , if not set to ignor anything to do with flightsims , can cause corrupted installs.
regards alan. 8)

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I had only the A2A version. Maybe the guy who did the F model repaint that I have used the paint kit from the Airplane Heaven version. Anyway it worked and was not the cause of the computer crash.

I think the problem with the redownload is that what ever file A2A uses that indicates my original purchase is valid, that file is gone from my computer, but the purchase still appears in my A2A account.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

There was a Wings of Power B-17F made for FS9 that was included in the "Heavy Bombers and Jets" collection. HB&J was re-released on the "Aircraft Power Pack" DVD in the early days of FSX, and APP included an FSX install option as well as native FS9. Unfortunately, FSX SP1 and SP2 caused the WoP/HB&J models to be incompatible with FSX.

Some years ago I installed (or copied over from FS9) the APP version of HB&J into FSX SP2. I think there are instructions for this in the HB&J forum. You'll still have some visual glitches but it is possible to fly the old WoP B-17F in FSX.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you can let me know your order number I can check what B-17 you have. It does sound like you intially tried to install the Accu-sim pack for the B-17 prior to first installing the B-17 itself.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Bullfox's =ecent screenshot in Pilot's Lounge shows a B-17F. No chin turret. So my conclusion is he has the oringinal Wings of Power B-17F/G for FS9. I don't know if that pack had an FSX install option, but if so it would be pre Acceleration/SP2. And not Accusim compatible.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, the only B-17 we offer for FSX is the B-17G that will soon be just the Accu-sim B-17G.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”