FSX crash with the B-17

A Living Legend
AWKM80
Airman First Class

FSX crash with the B-17

Post by AWKM80 »

Hello
I have some problems with this B-17 : after a few minutes in each flight , fsx suddenly crash . It's the only A2A plane who don't work perfectly,(I bought all accusim products) , No problem with the B377 or the constellation . Yesterday, it crashed when the sim was paused, today it crashed when I was climbing .

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: FSX crash with the B-17

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Those crashes are very annoying indeed. :( Could you give us more info on the error message you get in the 'Event viewer' in Windows and what is your FSX? (is it Steam or old boxed version)

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

AWKM80
Airman First Class

Post by AWKM80 »

I run FSX:Edition Gold with acceleration ,boxed version . I will soon try to fly again with the B17 and
I would take all the information I could . No problem with the others accusim birds

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
We at the 91st bombgroup tend to have problems only when we have close formation with 8 to nine aircraft , while on join FS , usually VAS related , but when flying on our own , we have no issues.
Are you fully updated on the b17 and do you get any messages like low VAS that might cause the crash.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes first thing to ask would be if you have the full Accu-sim B-17 or the base FSX B-17G and also if you have run the latest Accu-sim updater.

thansk
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AWKM80
Airman First Class

Post by AWKM80 »

I run the B-17+accusim and have run the latest Accu-sim updater

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

next time the crash occurs, can you check your system event viewer (I can help if needed) so we can try to ID which file is crashing.

Also just to ask how you are loading the flight, are you loading a default aircraft first? Are you loading a new flight or a saved flight?

thanks,
Lewis

AWKM80
Airman First Class

Post by AWKM80 »

OK ! I made some changes : I erased some saved flights and now I load FSX with a basic VFR flight plan ,and the FSX stock C172 in a cold and dark situation . I will soon try again with the B-17 ,maybe this new load configuration can solve the problem , but at this time , I am busy with creating macro files for the P-47! :!: :wink:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

good to hear and no worries on the time, the thread will sit here until you are ready to reply. No rush, we encourage users to move at there own pace and certainly not rush things, rushing can sometimes be the issue itself.

Thanks,
Lewis

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi AWKM80.
FSX+A default flight is trike , i believe in flight at friday harbour , i just made mine cold and dark at this airport , and have no issues.
regards alan. 8)

AWKM80
Airman First Class

Post by AWKM80 »

OK Alan , many thanks . I rather start with the stock C172 C&D , from the nearest airport from my home : LFRS Nantes Atlantique , with the wonderful Jetstream's scenery for the airport himself , and the beautiful City of Nantes's freeware scenery by Marc Henry Guitteny :wink: http://marcoh.gratisim.fr/nantes.html . It works fine with all other's planes (A2A & others) ! I don't had time these lasts days for flying the B-17 , I try again very soon !

AWKM80
Airman First Class

Post by AWKM80 »

OK I just flew from Duxford to Cerny-La Ferté Alais with the B-17 . Climb to 27000ft . Facebook running on the other monitor , two times sim paused , using all systems , 2D Panels and active copilot for cowlflaps , intercooler and RPM after take off. No FSX-crash during this flight , I stopped engines and all systems by myself . :wink:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

So all good?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi AWKM80.
Do you have any FSX.cfg mods , i have applied the following 3 , and the only pauses i get is around CLN due to a faulty orbx water.bgl file.
mods i have are:-
jobschedular section below is a new section added to top of cfg file:-

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14 // for mine its 14 yours might be a higher number depending on your CPU got this tip when i installed PMDG B777.

i have this added to bottom of [Display] section as i have a wide view monitor:-

WideViewAspect=True

immediatly under the title [GRAPHICS]:-

HIGHMEMFIX=1

In my win 7 system the FSX.cfg file can be found in (C:) Users\Asus\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and edited using notepad.
The idea behind AffinityMask , is it leaves one core for pc use and the rest for FSX.
regards alan. 8)

AWKM80
Airman First Class

Post by AWKM80 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:So all good?

Yep , No problem during this flight , except my pilot skill :D
alan CXA651 wrote:Hi AWKM80.
Do you have any FSX.cfg mods , i have applied the following 3 , and the only pauses i get is around CLN due to a faulty orbx water.bgl file.
mods i have are:-
jobschedular section below is a new section added to top of cfg file:-

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14 // for mine its 14 yours might be a higher number depending on your CPU got this tip when i installed PMDG B777.

i have this added to bottom of [Display] section as i have a wide view monitor:-

WideViewAspect=True

immediatly under the title [GRAPHICS]:-

HIGHMEMFIX=1

In my win 7 system the FSX.cfg file can be found in (C:) Users\Asus\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and edited using notepad.
The idea behind AffinityMask , is it leaves one core for pc use and the rest for FSX.
regards alan. 8)
I have applied these FSX.cfg mods too :wink: I think some old flight's records was the cause . No problem during the last flight .

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”