Cold oil temperature

A Living Legend
new reply
FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Cold oil temperature

Post by FireRescue85 »

Hey guys,

In the 377, there is a feature where if you click the oil under the aircraft loading panel (shift+4), it acts as if warm oil was just added to the engines and raises the temperature to about 70 degrees. This is helpful when you are doing a cold start in very cold temperatures, as the ground crew would have heaters on the engines to warm the oil. Does anyone know if this is modeled on the B-17G?
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cold oil temperature

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I will have to test it , i know you have OIL DILUTE sws on the copilots side near the filters , and i know on shift 4 you can click on the oil for topups , but never noticed if it warms it or not.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just fired up FSX , set B17 in cold an dark at PANC in a winter weather scene , engine oil temp guage read -3 , went to the shift+4 , hit the engine oil button , rechecked engine oil temp it was about 75 , so yes it does change the oil and warms it up.
regards alan. 8)

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks for doing the test Alan, due to my work schedule I haven't had time to fly lately. I usually have just enough time to check these forums for a few min every couple of days lol.
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”