Windy lou

A Living Legend
new reply
Vera
Airman Basic

Windy lou

Post by Vera »

Hello,

I have a question. I am from Holland and have adopted the grave of staff sergeant Raymond newton who was the ball turret gunner of the windy lou.i dont know how this pages works and i am glad that i can post this message. I read that there is Some one here who had familie on the windy lou.i would be thankful to come in contact with these persons.soon i am visiting the place were the windy lou came down. My email is [email protected]

Please contact me so we can Exchange pictures or information!
Thank you and hope to hear from the persoon.

Greetz Vera

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Windy lou

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Vera and welcome,

Yes - it looks like a lady called Chris ("cwais") who is daughter of Windy Lou's pilot posted in this thread several years ago. You could try sending her a private message using the "PM" icon at the bottom of her post. However, the posts in this thread were more than five years ago, so there's no guarantee she'll receive an email notification of your message.

Good luck with finding more information on Windy Lou and her crew. I guess you already found the pictures of the aircraft in the thread linked above. Here's one other link with some further info: http://www.americanairmuseum.com/aircraft/5912.

You may find more by searching for the aircraft's full serial number: "42-31780". There may also be members here who can give you more practical advice on how to go about finding additional info on the aircraft and crew.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”