PC resource demanding?

A Living Legend
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

PC resource demanding?

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi guys,

I was wondering, if B-17 is more PC resource demanding than the GA planes or warbirds, since it is a multi engine aircraft?
With the release of L-049, I realized, I lack a big A2A bird and looked upon B-17 and B-377.
(I will definitely get the Connie, it looks fantastic once I replace my old rig. :mrgreen: )

I have FSX Acceleration on the following specs: Core 2 Duo CPU with 8GB RAM, GTX750Ti graphic card and 256GB SSD drive + 256GB HDD
I find most demanding from the system so far my C182 and the T-6, especially when there are any precipitation or multiple cloud layers involved in the scenario.

P.S. Looking for your opinions.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

CafeRacer500
Senior Airman

Re: PC resource demanding?

Post by CafeRacer500 »

Not demanding at all, about the same as the Texan

And it still is my favourite, even though new stuff tries to keep me from flying it

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I also found it to be comparable to the T-6.

shermank
Airman

Post by shermank »

If you can upgrade your gpu, I have. Cellent performance with this

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i5-46 ... B00KPRWB9G

It is not top of the line, but I get excellent performance no blurries at 30fpd, except in busy airport environments which slow almost all setups, except the most powerful

Sherm

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

shermank wrote:If you can upgrade your gpu, I have. Cellent performance with this

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i5-46 ... B00KPRWB9G

It is not top of the line, but I get excellent performance no blurries at 30fpd, except in busy airport environments which slow almost all setups, except the most powerful

Sherm
Hi,

I plan for a new PC entirely, it is futile to upgrade an 8 year old rig. :wink: Thanks for the tip!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Thanks for the updates guys, may be I will try it and then speed up my PC purchase. :mrgreen:

Cheerz,
Will

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”