B17 Primer Colour

A Living Legend
new reply
maddz
Senior Airman

B17 Primer Colour

Post by maddz »

Hi all

Im useng the great weathered cockpit, made by a forum user ''Warbirds''. (Thanks, btw, love it! :) )

I've set up my warthog, and can operate the aircraft without mouse,apart from the primer - i have buttons that operate it, but i cant see :shock: it clearly from the pilots seat - its hard to see the arrow that pionts to witch engine is selected, so i have to mouse over it to see the tooltip.

I've made a pic, in paint, huhum, for the solution, or something to this effect, but would anyone be willing to paint this in the cockpit for me?

Thanks, Luke

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B17 Primer Colour

Post by bladerunner900 »

As you can see, by editing the vc2.dds file, you could make those changes yourself. There are free programs that will edit dds files directly, one of which is Paint.net and is a good place to start. If you do have a go don't forget to do the vc2_n.dds file as well. I believe that one is the night time texture.

You will find the two files in the WoP2_b17g\texture folder. These are shared files so your edits will affect all the A2A B-17 paints you have installed.

Cheers.
Steve.

Edit:
Here are the altered default ones to get you started.
vc2.dds
vc2_n.dds

Merry Christmas. :wink:
Last edited by bladerunner900 on 14 Jul 2017, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

maddz
Senior Airman

Re: B17 Primer Colour

Post by maddz »

Hello Steve,

Thank you so much for the modded files - ive put them in and it is EXACTLY what i was after, absolutly perfect :)

I will certainly try paint.net - hopfully it will be easyier to understand - i tryed with gimp and a few other programs, but repainting, i find personally is mind bogling :?

I have a bit of spare time over the holiday period so ill get a good bite on it hopefully.

Thanks again Steve, little things like this make my simming all that more enjoyable

Merry Christmas!! :)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”