Taxiing with the B17G

A Living Legend
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: Taxiing with the B17G

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Styggron wrote:Looks like my only hope is the tail wheel steering code I hope WBFlash finds the code

:( :(
The solution for tail wheel steering in the B-17 is exactly the same as for the Anson in this post.

:wink:
Hello Bladerunner
oh dear oh dear, I forgot to even test those I forgot I had even asked....

I'll try it on the ANSON and on the B17 tonight.

Thank you for that.............ahhh my goodness.............

still............there really should be a better option built into it though......

Wish me luck I hope it works.
Does this mean when I am flying and I use rudder the tail wheel will turn ? (yes I know I can lock it)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Styggron wrote:Hello WBFlashover
Ummm sorry but that won't work for me as I wrote in the post above your one I don't use that FSCUIC thing sorry. I was hoping you had code to modify the airplane config files in FSX or similar
Read the first two lines of my last post Styggron. Those lines were for you. Others also posted the code for you. The rest of my post was for another pilot.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

WB_FlashOver wrote: Hello rosariomanzo, I have all my planes set up with rudder braking and each plane has a different parameter...
Roger, thank you very much indeed for your advice, really appreciated! I'll try this setup on my rig, too.

Ciao

Rosario
Ros

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

I have always had difficulty taxing this aircraft as well. I only have the Saitek X52 joy stick with the single throttle and no rudder peddles. As was previously posted, I revised the a\c cfg. file "contact point" from 180 to 40. Just finished a flight and now I am enjoying a steerable tail wheel. If I get enough Christmas money I may begin to invest in both rudder peddles and multi-engine throttle setup.

Thanks for the helpful information,

Ray Mengel
Spokane Valley, WA

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

WB_FlashOver wrote:
Styggron wrote:Hello WBFlashover
Ummm sorry but that won't work for me as I wrote in the post above your one I don't use that FSCUIC thing sorry. I was hoping you had code to modify the airplane config files in FSX or similar
Read the first two lines of my last post Styggron. Those lines were for you. Others also posted the code for you. The rest of my post was for another pilot.

Cheers
Roger
I did, and I went to that thread but it didn't help, there were no posts by the user you said. However on closer inspection the user you said posts in this thread so I got confused by your link where he was not presenht :D

Then there was another link on the Avro Anson as we have the same problem steering and it is also there so all should be well.

and yes quite right you were replying to another user I could not quite make it out oooops.....sorry about that.
Thanks again :) Lets hope I can steer now.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

rosariomanzo wrote:
WB_FlashOver wrote: Hello rosariomanzo, I have all my planes set up with rudder braking and each plane has a different parameter...
Roger, thank you very much indeed for your advice, really appreciated! I'll try this setup on my rig, too.

Ciao

Rosario
Rosario,
I'm curious how that worked out for you and if my instructions clear? Let me know please.

Also curious if you are able to taxi with the steering code Styggron? There are always lots of people telling us that we just need to get peddles and throttle quadrants. This 'Flight Simming' is an expensive hobby by the time you build a PC to run it well, then buy a controller or two, a few planes, a few other add-ons, etc etc. Before you know it your into the game for $3000+. Over time one can acquire new hardware and software but in the mean time we make due with what we have. That said I am a firm believer in FSUIPC4 which is payware but well worth the cost. LINDA is another fantastic program and is released on a donation basis. Again, well worth the cost of a donation but requires FSUIPC4 to work.

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

WB_FlashOver wrote:
rosariomanzo wrote:

Ciao

Rosario
Rosario,
I'm curious how that worked out for you and if my instructions clear? Let me know please.

Also curious if you are able to taxi with the steering code Styggron? There are always lots of people telling us that we just need to get peddles and throttle quadrants. This 'Flight Simming' is an expensive hobby by the time you build a PC to run it well, then buy a controller or two, a few planes, a few other add-ons, etc etc. Before you know it your into the game for $3000+. Over time one can acquire new hardware and software but in the mean time we make due with what we have. That said I am a firm believer in FSUIPC4 which is payware but well worth the cost. LINDA is another fantastic program and is released on a donation basis. Again, well worth the cost of a donation but requires FSUIPC4 to work.

Roger
Hello Roger,
Yes indeed I am now able to Taxi, changing the Aircraft .cfg file worked like a charm thank you so much.
No I don't see Flight Simming expensive at all. I'm on a laptop, I just have a joystick and A2A planes that's it and those I tend to try to get without accu-sim to keep the cost down.

So overall flight simming is not really expensive. Not interested in pedals or new hardware, too expensive. I woulnd't need FSUIPC4 for anything at all in my case.

:)

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

WB_FlashOver wrote:
rosariomanzo wrote: Rosario,
Roger, I'm away the whole week for work, I'll let you know ASAP.

Rosario
Ros

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Roger, it worked like a charm. Thanks again for your kind help!
Ros

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Hello everyone,
Ok after some faffing around, the engine selector pop up now works as it should. I can pick engine 1 and 2 and the single slider now ONLY does those engines.

YAY

It was an odd problem. The joystick has not exhibited any issues with anything ever just this slider. I reinstalled the Joystick, reset everything and now it works. My goodness.

However, the modification of the tail wheel is still the best solution for me at least :)
Thank you everyone.

:D :D

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”