Elevator trim

A Living Legend
danb12
Staff Sergeant

Elevator trim

Post by danb12 »

Hi,

Sorry to bother you all but I can't seem to get my elevator trim axis set up through the configuration?

I'm trying to assign my saitek trim wheel, it works for all other aircraft through fsuipc but this method doesn't work for the '17...

It keeps asking for a path to fsx which I provide and it still doesn't work, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Elevator trim

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Dan,

the saitek trim wheel is plug and play and should just work out the box without any special mapping.

However if the fsx path isnt saving it sounds like you are not running the configurator as admin?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Ah Lewis... I knew why I asked the question... you may indeed be correct!

Weird thing is though there is a file in a2a (under steam/fsx) which has allocated the trim wheel as trim... very strange! Will have a play when I can and come back if no better!

Thanks a lot!

Dan

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

So I still can't get the elevator trim to work... I have tried as admin, and it saved... but doesn't function in fsx... it also doesn't work through fsuipc. Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S I should add, I don't have any problems with anything else i.e default or A2A.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Danb12.
I had same problem the A2A CONFIGURATOR is how i ended up getting thiis trim wheel working.
My setting are.
elevator trim in controller select your trim wheel /under axis id i have X axis , tick invert hit save and exit.
hope this helps.
regards alan. 8)

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried that but to no avail... I will give it another though... good job it doesn't need to be trimmed hugely (from what I have found anyway!)

Thanks again,
Dan

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Danb12.
Regarding this trim problem , i had the saitek trim set up in FSUIPC for the b17 , and it did not work , and endedup useing the A2A configurator , as i stated in a previous post , and mine worked ok , you said yours dosnt work , now thinking on this did you delete the saitek trim settings from the FSUIPC b17 profile prior to trying the A2A configurator , as i did not ,just a thought to try.
my saitek trim settings in FSUIPC are:-
under axis
17=4x,1,F,65766,0,0,0
under joystickcalibration
ElevatorTrim=-16384,0,0,16383/8
These settings might be different from yours , so only use as a guide .
regards alan. 8)

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply.

That is correct, it will not work in either FSUIPC or the config tool. I had deleted the FSUIPC entry with no luck eiter. Interestingly I have just tried another controller through the config tool and that doesn't work either... as far as I am aware it up up to date and everything else works fine, I do not use the config tool for anything else though...

Thanks a lot,

Dan

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Danb12.
Just to clarify my point , i have my saitek trim wheel for the b17 set up in BOTH FSUIPC and the b17 Configurator , it has a big null point at the 0.0 trim setting , before you see it move , try setting it up in both , to see if that works , all my other aircraft only need to be set up in FSUIPC to work .
regards alan. 8)

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

OK brilliant, I will give it a go in both then... I will report back when I next get a chance to go on, probably tomorrow!

Thanks,

Dan

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dan.
Have you tried the trim yet , if haveing it in FSUIPC and A2A configurator like me , works then thats great for you , if not , you may have to try going into your fsx settings and have the saitek working through that , if possible.
regards alan. 8)

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

Still no luck... it used to work, although I am now using FSX:SE, I wonder if that has any bearing on it?!

I had though FSX controls but would rather not as I have lots of entries to remove!

Thanks.,
Dan

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Danb12.
Does the trimwheel still work with any other aircraft , if it does , then if it still wont work with the b17 in FSUIPC or A2A B17 Configurator , or both , like i had to do , then try the trim in fsx settings control axis , failing that try unpluging the trimwheel , wait a few seconds then plug it in again , see if that works.
regards alan. 8)

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

So, it doesn't work through FSUIPC, the config tool or both together... it does work through FSX... which is a pain as I have like 10 controllers and disable them in fsx so I can use FSUIPC and have no conflicts...very strange as to why it doesn't work in the config tool though!

Dan

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dan.
If its possible , just have saitek trim working through FSX axis , and leave rest working through the FSUIPC A2A configurators for the different A2A aircraft , does sound strange that this is the only way to get it working.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”