Elevator trim

A Living Legend
danb12
Staff Sergeant

Re: Elevator trim

Post by danb12 »

I'm thinking about uninstalling the B-17 and reinstalling it... how do I go about doing so? I will keep a copy of my data log to keep the hours though!

Thanks
Dan

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dan.
I thought you had it working , why uninstall , i dont think it needs that drastic action over the trimwheel.
regards alan. 8)

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

It's more the fact I would rather not enable controllers in fsx but if I need to then I will. It's just strange that the configuration tool worked with the boxed version of fsx but not with steam?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dan.
FSX SE is same as FSX+ACCELERATION , so that surly would not make a difference , did you try the old master reboot method , IE unplug the trimwheel at the USB , wait a few seconds then plug it back in , to see if that gets it recognised.
regards alan. 8)

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Post by danb12 »

I have but might give it another go.

Weirdly, my Saitek trim wheel never gets recognised by Windows until I move it. It is recognised in the configuration tool - I can move it and the % moves. It just isn't conveyed into fsx...

I appreciate your help with this,

Dan

P.S I bought myself the magazine today...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Dan.
The magazine i found eye opening in many ways , i did not know just how many variants where made , and that the aircraft almost never made it past prototype , after the aircraft crashed , but the investigators found it was not the aircrafts fault , but pilot error , and that it instigated the start of pilots check lists , to prevent that happening again.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”