Realism Settings FSX: Engine Stress Damages Engine

A Living Legend
new reply
MadRobbie1
BDG

Realism Settings FSX: Engine Stress Damages Engine

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Hi All,

Had the B-17 with Accu-sim for several months but only just started tinkering with flying her (been too difficult dragging myself away from the Cub, Spitfire, B377 and Cherokee).
Have a question about the realism settings for FSX(Steam) - I've tried searching the forum but not had any luck with an answer, so my apologies if its already out there on the boards somewhere and I've missed it....
Anyway, its about "Engine Stress Damages Engine". I've been through the B-17 manuals, and I cannot find any mention of this setting anywhere. Should this be checked or unchecked?

I can't assume either 'yes' or 'no' by referencing other accu-sim manuals, as the B377 CoTS manual shows it should be checked, the Spitfire says it should be unchecked, Cub and Cherokee says unchecked....

Help appreciated in choosing the correct setting!

Cheers!
Rob
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Realism Settings FSX: Engine Stress Damages Engine

Post by robert41 »

I keep this unchecked. There is plenty of random engine/system failures and the usual wear and tear with the 17. You could also select the shorter TBO and get even more.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

That's only useful for aircraft (such as the Acceleration Mustang) that are coded for it. You can leave it on if you wish, as none of the A2A planes use that code, and this won't interfere.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

CodyValkyrie wrote:That's only useful for aircraft (such as the Acceleration Mustang) that are coded for it. You can leave it on if you wish, as none of the A2A planes use that code, and this won't interfere.
Cody is correct that setting is only for the realaxed realism generic damage model included and doesnt affect our custom Accu-sim simulation engine its wear, tear and damage modelling on components that by default are either very lightly or not modelled at all in the host sim.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Robert, Cody & Lewis,

Many thanks for the replies and explanation of how this option works. The mystery is solved! Great stuff! :D

Cheers!
Rob
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”