Something Odd

A Living Legend
Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Something Odd

Post by Tug002 »

While flying the B-17 today I had an engine failure on #2 and shut it down and feathered the prop. Just for something to do I switched the vacuum pump to #2 and to my surprise nothing changed :o , all vacuum instruments worked as intended :?: . After landing I went to the hanger and checked for the problem and in the notes it said that the supercharger on #1 was not fit for flight but it was #2 that had the problem and showed up in red over the #2 engine. I clicked on the red and corrected the problem on the #2 engine and the note on the #1 engine dissapeared :?: Any sugestions as to what the problem might be :idea: .

Thank you for your answers ahead of time :D

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Denny120
Airman

Re: Something Odd

Post by Denny120 »

Hi tug, I noticed the same thing with the vacuum pump selector switch. In an old thread posted by lequinne is a solution for this 'problem', works like charm. :)
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... mp#p210260

As to your engine problem, got no clue why engine #1 and #2 seem be linked.. What part(s) were labeled red in engine #2?

Being a longtime lurker on this forum I thought, while nobody answered your question yet, I give it a go :wink:

Greetings,
Dennis

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It sounds like you may have encountered a bug but just to check you are all updated since installing the B-17?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:It sounds like you may have encountered a bug but just to check you are all updated since installing the B-17?

thanks,
Lewis
All updates have been applied and they installed correctly.

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Denny120 wrote:Hi tug, I noticed the same thing with the vacuum pump selector switch. In an old thread posted by lequinne is a solution for this 'problem', works like charm. :)

As to your engine problem, got no clue why engine #1 and #2 seem be linked.. What part(s) were labeled red in engine #2?

Being a longtime lurker on this forum I thought, while nobody answered your question yet, I give it a go :wink:

Greetings,
Dennis
The supercharger on # 2 in red but in the hanger notes it said that #1 needed to be replaced. Nothing on #2.
I tried to read the link that you gave me but because of the highlights I couldn't read it properly. :cry:

Keep smiling

Denny120
Airman

Post by Denny120 »

Ok, sorry for the highlights.. :oops: Here is the proper one: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=25755

Yeah, after reading it again I get what you meant, sounds indeed like a bug..

Dennis

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Tug002 wrote:
Denny120 wrote:Hi tug, I noticed the same thing with the vacuum pump selector switch. In an old thread posted by lequinne is a solution for this 'problem', works like charm. :)

Greetings,
Dennis
The supercharger on # 2 in red but in the hanger notes it said that #1 needed to be replaced. Nothing on #2.
I tried to read the link that you gave me but because of the highlights I couldn't read it properly. :cry:

Keep smiling
Easy fix for the high light. click on the link and remove this: &hilit=vacuum+pump#p210260 press enter and everything is normal.
always just remove everything behind & and you are good :-) Hope this helps
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Thanks for the help guys, not trying to be a little girl about it but with my screen and eyes it was hard to read :oops:

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I have put the line into the panel folder like it suggested and i am the same as the last poster Warbirds. It will not correct the problem for me. Being as computer daft as I am I have likely done something wrong :oops: . I do appreciate the help though :D . I will keep thinking about what I have screwed up and may figure it out.
Thanks again for the help :D

Keep smiling

Denny120
Airman

Post by Denny120 »

I'll take a look at it tomorrow, then I can check where I've put my files exactly. At first, I couldn't get it to work either :roll:
I'm not sure, but I think I was taking the xml file out of the zip file while the zip file itself had to be placed in the panel folder. But I will check that tomorrow to be sure :wink:

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Denny120 wrote:I'll take a look at it tomorrow, then I can check where I've put my files exactly. At first, I couldn't get it to work either :roll:
I'm not sure, but I think I was taking the xml file out of the zip file while the zip file itself had to be placed in the panel folder. But I will check that tomorrow to be sure :wink:
Ok, thanks Denny120 :D

Keep smiling

Denny120
Airman

Post by Denny120 »

I've just checked it, the CAB file, which you downloaded, goes directly in the panel folder as a whole (Path: FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP2_b17g\panel) and the line
gauge24=Vacuum_Selector!vacuum, 25,25,25,25 goes into the panel.cfg file under the other gauges.
That's how it works for me at least.. :wink:

I hope you can get it to work now, every little thing to make it more realistic is worth looking at. :)

Dennis

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Ok thanks Denny120, I will give it a try as soon as I can.
Thank you for your help :D

Keep smiling

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there Denny120, Just tried out the fix that you gave me and it works like a charm. The problem was that I did not down load and install the cab file. :oops: I noticed that you mentioned it in your last post. Thank you for your help, all is good in my sim world now :D . Still puzzled about that eng#2 and eng # 1 thing though but Lewis is looking into it. May have just been a glitch in my computer that day though as I have never had any other problems with the B-17.
Thanks again and have a great day.
Keep smiling

Denny120
Airman

Post by Denny120 »

Hey Tug, glad you're sorted :) You could try to blow your supercharger again and see if it results in the same error in the notes :P
I'm glad to be of help and a great day to you too!

Dennis

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”