resetting airframe time?

A Living Legend
new reply
cessna lover

resetting airframe time?

Post by cessna lover »

hi guys sadly I wrecked this ole girl :cry: and I have the engines 0 timed but the airframe still has 1.1 hours on it. I found and deleted the state cfg for it but that did not reset the airframe time. how do I make her 0 time on the engines and 0 airframe time again?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: resetting airframe time?

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Go to .../Documents/A2A/FSX/B17 and delete the .dat file. That'll reset the hours to 0 the next time the sim is started.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Find and delete "B17log.dat" in this directory:
[SYSTEM]:\Users\[YOURUSER]\Documents\A2A\FSX\B17

You can also rename it, so you could use the file later again. This works also if you want to collect hours for different paintschemes. You only have to set the one to active, which you like.

You can find a thread with the search, where users wrote batch-files to select the right .dat-file.

edit: Piper_EEWL was faster...
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

ah ok thank you sir I will try that. what happen to her is I was going to a ramp when a fuel truck desided to run through me. which did not work cause I had an object collision and mess every thing all up which resulted in the engines being overhauled.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Sorry Gulredrel. You loose some you win some :wink: :lol:

Cessna Lover: that's why I turned collision detection off in FSX. The Accusim crash detection will still work and you won't get screwed over by "invisible objects" or the mad FSX traffic. They can just run through you. That way you don't loose your preciously earned hours :wink:

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:lol: that's true but I have my b-17 zeroed out again and fresh new log books so I am good to go now. thanks for the help guys.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Alright. Glad I could help.

Have fun with the fortress

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”