Rudder Coordination and Crosswind Landings

A Living Legend
new reply
tonytheflyer
Airman

Rudder Coordination and Crosswind Landings

Post by tonytheflyer »

Hi, I just purchased the Accusim B-17 and I've been enjoying greatly, I wish the Aerosoft Catalina was as realistic with regard to engine simulation and such. The only odd thing I've noticed so far is the flight dynamics for yaw don't feel right compared to other Accusim/A2A products. For example, when established in a 30° left (or right for that matter) bank the ball is calling for left rudder but if you try to correct with left rudder the ball moves towards center initially but then starts creeping left of center again and ultimately no amount of left rudder will keep the ball centered. And on crosswind takeoffs and landings it won't stay on centerline in a sideslip, even in just a 10 knot crosswind. The only way to stay on centerline is to land in a crab which seems totally unnatural, especially speaking from real world flying experience (300 hour private pilot w/ ASEL & inst. rating). All the other Accusim/A2A planes I've purchased including the Piper Cub perform realistically in turns and crosswind landings so I was surprised when the B-17 didn't. Is it possible to have an update to fix this at some point?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Rudder Coordination and Crosswind Landings

Post by Scott - A2A »

Tony,

What you are describing doesn't sound right. We will look into this and if there is something wrong we find that can be fixed, we will do.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

tonytheflyer
Airman

Re: Rudder Coordination and Crosswind Landings

Post by tonytheflyer »

Thanks Scott! Let me know what if anything you find.

Tony

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”