B17 WOP 11 Primary and Upgrade problem

A Living Legend
new reply
buster617
Airman

B17 WOP 11 Primary and Upgrade problem

Post by buster617 »

I am new to a2a. I have FSX and for Christmas thought I would download the B17 WP11. The First download is ok but I did expect it to be like the video which I now understand is the expansion pack which requires the first download to be purchased.
This is where my problems started. On downloading the expansion pack when i select the B17 from the FSX menu it only partly appears with bits of the B17 and a crew visible in their positions. I have looked on the internet and found someone with the same issue but they never actually shared the solution.
One other question. The initail download of WOP11 B17 looks ok but when I start FSX with settings set to high and hard, the aircraft is already started on the tarmack and the deatil is not as it is depicted in the video although i know that some of it is the expansion pack. Is this right or are there settings that I am unaware of. I did strugle over Christmas to no avail.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: B17 WOP 11 Primary and Upgrade problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello - it sounds like you just need to update your copy of FSX using the free service packs available from the Microsoft website. You should download and install both SP1 and SP2 from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... fault.aspx.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. Lewis or one of the other forum mods will probably move this thread over to the correct sub-forum as you posted in the C182 Skylane support forum. :wink:
A2A Simulations Inc.

buster617
Airman

Post by buster617 »

Hi
Yes that was it. I found it in my Folder but as I am unfamiliar with the whole thing its a bit new. But it all works now. But if you can tell me how do you get to the image where the plane is on the tarmac with the ladders on it. I dont mean in the hanger. Also what I have found to date is that instaed of starting up from scratch how do you get into a cold craft. I want to follow the youtube guides to engine start up but its always already running.
Thanks

buster617
Airman

Post by buster617 »

I will look forward to getting the other warbirds in my Hanger. Ive always enjoyed them so much at airshows and wondered what they are like to fly. This really does give the feeling of getting close. I have the scenery thats available to download to FSX and I took a double take at the B17 in flight. The controls are fantastic. Does anyone have any idea when the Occulus may be used in tandem with this software. I know some of the online stuff you can just about but its all a bit off the record. I mean to get a real size perspective rather than a 2d screen would be great. Any news on this
Cheers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the manual for your simulation is under your Start Menu >> All Programs >> A2A Simulations.

For the cold engine start you will want to set the cold start up under Shift + 3 is memory serves me correct. The ladders etc will also appear for the cold start.

Also moved the thread from C182 tech support to the B-17 Tech support area.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

buster617
Airman

Post by buster617 »

Yea thanks All info welcom. Im taking a bit of a shift really. Im used to gaming programmes, so this is more informative as well as fun. But its a bit new on the set up front. Also you need support from the forums as you draw on many different bodies to build up the experience. But A2A have the edge on aircraft realism and also so good to look at. Also the online tutorials are ideal learning platforms. But getting set up was a bit confusing. Not advisable for Christmas as it becomes a bit obsesive unless you can leave it. How can you if you love the look of it. So i was really popular this Christmas.
Thanks for the help

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

haha good to hear, any questions just ask on the forums we have a great community here that can help on all things flight sim.

thanks,
Lewis

buster617
Airman

Post by buster617 »

Well i purchased the P47 with its upgrade, the spitfire and the p51
They all look very good.
Problem. Shift and 3 brings up the controls. Here you can control cold start, auto start etc. Got the hang of all of this.

The cockpit controls on my B17 and P47 are audible. But my Spitfire and P51 controls are not. External audio like engine, yes. So shift and 3 brings up the controls and under this is Volume sound fx. It is turned up . On my B17 and P47 the mix volume is 100%. (hover the mouse over the volume) But on the spitfire and P51 it is 0% even though the volume is turned up on the control box. Now i have done nothing different to the B17 and the P47. I cannot see why this mix volume would be any different from one to the other but it is. I can only assume this is why the cockpit controls have no audio. Mix Volume is 0%. So why is it this and why is it 100% in the b17 and the p47 and not in the Spitfire or P51. and what and how is it turned up. ( so volume on the +/_ is full but hover the mouse and see the volume mix appear and its 100% on the b17/p47 but 0% on the spitfire and p51).

Please help if anyone can

Thanks

Cheers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you run the latest Accu-sim updater?

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=41279

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”