B-17 sound enhancement on full throttle

A Living Legend
Fedex B17Pilot
Staff Sergeant

Re: B-17 sound enhancement on full throttle

Post by Fedex B17Pilot »

Jacques wrote:Nice video, Mike! I almost committed to taking a ride on a B-17 this Spring when almost all of them did a swing through the Pacific Northwest. If any come this way next year, I will not hesitate. What an amazing experience that must have been!

If you watched the video at the top of the thread, that was the source for the soundset. Okay, maybe his position was a little in front of the pilots, but still pretty close. And the only part that is changed is that bit at full throttle during takeoff. The rest of the sound set is the original. I almost deleted it, but tried it a few more times and thought it was authentic enough for me to keep. Opinions will vary. I presume that the person who created that sound set just cleaned out some of the extraneous sounds not connected with the engines.

JP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NEVER hesitate at the opportunity, I was lucky enough to get a ride on Memphis Belle when she came to Felts Field, Spokane,Wa. And ill be doing it again when another comes to town, if i dont do it before i go to warbirds over the west in june down in aurora Ore.

here is the short video i took while inflight, lest i remind you they were built for people much skinnier than I! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpbMqxN ... 4-overview
ImageImageImage

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

Fedex B17Pilot wrote:... lest i remind you they were built for people much skinnier than I!
The bomb bay was a little shinier on both sides after I went through. :D

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

Thanks for the compliments, glad to hear that!

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Can these be re-posted? all the links are dead, like too give them a try

Samster
Airman First Class

Post by Samster »

maddz wrote:Can these be re-posted? all the links are dead, like too give them a try
I hope so.... I would like to try it too.
The bad news is time flies. Good news is you're the pilot.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”