Throttles Problem

A Living Legend
new reply
Jason210
Staff Sergeant

Throttles Problem

Post by Jason210 »

Hi

I can't seem to get going with this aircraft. The problem I have now is starting the engines. I follow the procedure but the engines aren't starting easily.

After starting an engine, I can't throttle it up. When I move the throttle lever, the RPM is hardly moving, I can't get it up to a decent idle speed. Then the plugs foul up.

The throttle levers can move all the way up and I see in increase in rpm of less than 500.

What am I doing wrong?

cheers
Jason
Last edited by Jason210 on 19 Nov 2011, 13:14, edited 2 times in total.

Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.6GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Throttles Problem

Post by CAPFlyer »

Are you sure that you have the Mixture set to Auto Rich and the Props to MAX RPM? It sounds like you're either not getting enough fuel or the props are feathered or at minimum RPM.

Jason210
Staff Sergeant

Post by Jason210 »

I had props - full pitch; mixture - autorich.

Unless I had accidently feathered them, I can't see what the cause is. I'll check the feather.

Thanks.

32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional

Jason210
Staff Sergeant

Post by Jason210 »

Later edit: I have sat all evening with this now and instead of going forwards its gone a step backwards. What I ever I do, I cannot start the engines manually. I have tried everything I know, inlcuding loading the default cessna and turning everything off, then loading the B-17.

I have used cold start and gone through the check list and did everything listed but when I engage the mesh - it doesn't even look like it's going to start.

I think it's because the throttles aren't working. Although they show up as cracked, I believe they are in fact closed.

I can start the engines with autostart, but after a minute or show they beging to shut down, one by one, as the plugs get fouled up.

In this screenshot I have managed, after may be an hour, to start engine 3. I am trying to idle it but I have full throttle applied and I'm not even getting 1000 rpm. Notice the MP for engine three:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42312567/No%20RPM.jpg

32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Judging by your carb temps you are in very low temperatures. Try increasing turbo's to say 4 and let the carb air warm up a bit.
Lukas
ImageImage

Jason210
Staff Sergeant

Post by Jason210 »

MTFDarkEagle wrote:Judging by your carb temps you are in very low temperatures. Try increasing turbo's to say 4 and let the carb air warm up a bit.
You are right! I thought it was a bug. I added 4 to the turbo and in seconds the rpm picked up. Thanks. That's why I was having problems starting also I guess.

I guess not many people who use A2A + ASE live in Sweden like me :-)

32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Here is the solution to your problem.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=22023
Snuffy

new reply