B-17 Input Configurator Not Working

A Living Legend
new reply
ESzczesniak
Airman

B-17 Input Configurator Not Working

Post by ESzczesniak »

I have just reinstalled P3D v4.5HF3 and was very happy to add the B-17G. The only other A2A product I have installed currently is the C-182 and haven't particularly tested this aircraft yet. In the past, I've used default axes on the C-182, as the controls are simpler.

I've tried assigning and axis to left and right engine throttle as well as the turbo dial, as well as buttons for intercooler open and close. in the B-17 input configurator. The remainder of my controls are assigned through LINDA for buttons and FSUIPC for axes.

None of the controls I assigned in the B-17 input configurator work after loading the aircraft in P3D. The other controls do work. I have made sure to "save and update". What else can I do to troubleshoot? Thank you for any help!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B-17 Input Configurator Not Working

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I'm not sure about P3D, but in FSX you'll have to make sure that controllers are enabled in the settings in FSX. I had the same problem when I got the FSX B-17G some years ago.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

ESzczesniak
Airman

Re: B-17 Input Configurator Not Working

Post by ESzczesniak »

Ah, that'd be a problem. I had in the past manually deleted joystick assignments. But it was fraught with error (P3D seeing old controllers as "new", missed deletions, etc". So I tried to do it the "right way" and disable controllers. I'll have to weigh the risks and benefits. It seems the only real controls I'm going to miss are the intercoolers and turbo. Maybe I'll just use a mouse for these.

EDIT: I'll have to take a look through the manual and see if there are any chances there are keyboard shortcuts for these. That would be great as well.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”