Re: A2A Wings of Power II:B17 at the Mighty Eighth Museum

Post by Shousa »

How was the turbo dial done ?

Looks great!

bolis
Airman Basic

Re: A2A's B17 is at the Mighty Eighth Museum

Post by bolis »

Geewiz wrote:This is from the recent 8th AF magazine, telling about their B-17 simulator. I was hoping that they'd comment on the software in the article, but there is a placard with the simulator that gives credit to A2A for their work in developing this wonderful simulation software.

The simulator is positioned so that it looks down on the exhibit hall where the recently acquired B-17 "City of Savannah" now resides.

http://www.whistlework.com/401/8th_AF_N ... h_2009.pdf

Thanks to all of you who provided help, guidance, and hand-holding while putting together this simpit!

Regards,
Joe
Hi Joe, my name is Bruno from France. I am working on a B17 full size fixzd based sim. if you are interested we have some exchange ...

rgds

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Great picts of the sim cockpit....

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

I'll have to make the trip from my home in Powder Springs, Georgia down to Savannah, Georgia to see the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum. It will be a nice weekend trip and my wife loves the Savannah area. A big Win-Win for me!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer :)

Geewiz
Staff Sergeant

UPDATE: A2A's B17 is no longer at the Mighty Eighth Museum

Post by Geewiz »

Greetings, All:
It has been a while since I've been active on the boards here...lots going on!

Just wanted to update on the simulator that was at the Mighty Eighth museum in Pooler, GA.

We had found that the simulator had become a static display. No one was available to maintain the system and to keep it running so as to make it available to visitors. Hence, it pretty much sat "dark" and unused.

So, we recovered the simulator and brought it back to Virginia with the idea that we would make it available to a group here. The original B-17 software was installed on a Windows XP machine...we all know where that has gone! The installation itself had become "tweaked" beyond use, so I've started fresh with a Windows 7 64-bit installation.

Of course, now I've discovered A2A's new Cessna 172 Accu-Sim. I just got this for my birthday and am eager to spend some time with it! I may have the sim pit here for a while :)

Congrats to the A2A team for pumping out another GREAT piece of simulator software!
The 401st Bomb Group - Deenethorpe
www.youtube.com/401stbg
"The Best Damned Outfit in the USAAF"
http://www.401bg.com/pages_gallery/gallery_005.htm#menu

CIWS01
Senior Airman

Post by CIWS01 »

Aww nuts! I've driven past that museum so many times going back and forth from NY to FL. Next week i'm finally gonna get to stop in for an hour or so and A2A is not there anymore? *sigh* suppose i'll just have to make due with my Alienware M17X with Microsoft Sidewinder Pro flight stick to get my fix lol. Can't wait to see this museum though, And to top it off we are stopping in VA and picking up my wife's grandfathers Army Aircorp gear from his days with the 8th Airforce. He was in B-17G's himself. Gonna be an 8th AF week for me lol!
Image Image
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”