A2A/Shockwave-B17GFlyingFortressAcc-Sim Expansion

A Living Legend
new reply
jimzokidoki
Airman Basic

A2A/Shockwave-B17GFlyingFortressAcc-Sim Expansion

Post by jimzokidoki »

When i try to load the program after installing it i only get a image of the crew floating around in space
no solid fuselage of any kind just a skeleton.How do i fix this.?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A2A/Shockwave-B17GFlyingFortressAcc-Sim Expansion

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you missed the front of the manual about the requirements but no worries its a common issue with new pilots and experienced simmers alike to forgot to do the step to fix this issue. The issue is caused by FSX being out of date, you will want to make sure its updated using the two FSX Service Packs OR using the Acceleration expansion pack. Its worth noting FSX Steam edition comes already updated beyond SP2 with some little extra fixes that cannot be had outside of steam edition.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jimzokidoki
Airman Basic

Post by jimzokidoki »

ok i have on one cd, both SHO-145,A2A/shockwave -B17G flying fortress
SHO-225 " " B17G " " Accu-Sim Exansion. Reinstalled both and installed update as suggested by you red the first couple pages of the manual still have the same problem! what am i missing? the b17 works fine until I install the expansion. I also purchased he down load ver. from web site. same problem. one more thing I have so many files in my download file have lost track which on is the Expansion file ? I assume the lone on my cd is same. Iam about to give up and go back to driving my 48 ford converatible which i wish I still had back in 1955. Well iam still open for advice once more & thanks for your previous reply/ Jim

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Let's begin with the sim. What version are you using -- FSX or FSX Deluxe from DVD; FSX with separate Acceleration from DVD (or "FSX Gold" which bundled both); FSX download from Microsoft Store; or the FSX Steam Edition?

If you are using a version of FSX from DVD and have never installed Acceleration (ie, you do not have the default P-51D Racer, F/A-18A Hornet or AugustaWestland EH101 helicopter) then you need to have the FSX SP2 patch installed. You may have to reinstall your B-17G followed by the Accusim expansion after you install SP2. Note: SP2 does not add the aircraft I listed; but it does change how FSX renders some graphics and the B-17 Accusim pack was developed under SP2.

Also, if you have DirectX 10 Preview enabled try turning it off.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, as noted in my first response the issue isnt the B-17 but your FSX itself simply needs updating.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JagLover
Airman Basic

Post by JagLover »

[quote="jimzokidoki". Iam about to give up and go back to driving my 48 ford converatible which i wish I still had back in 1955. Well iam still open for advice once more & thanks for your previous reply/ Jim[/quote]

JimZ;
I understand your pain.. Everytime I have a computer or B-17 Sim "issue", I just go out to my shop and work on my 1953 Jaguar XK120 DHC (Brit-Speak for convertible).. I bought the Jag when I was in college in May '67, LOOOOOOONG before computers!! Things were "simple???" then ;-}
Charles.
Charles

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”