Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Re: Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

Post by Redglyph »

That's awesome :D

You guys rock!
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Before anyone becomes biliously joyful, know that FSUIPC will NOT work with v4.

If you have controls set up through that, that will NOT carry across to the new install. :roll:

MX-Leader
Airman First Class

Post by MX-Leader »

I am still on FSX and have really no problems with it. I haven't found a reason to move to P3D yet although with A2A on board it looks like P3D 64 bit is probably the future. But I don't see making the transition in the next year... Maybe when my current computer gives it up or something.

My question is... Are you still going to be developing for FSX or is that dead now? Will all future releases be P3D 64 bit only?

Catalysis
Airman Basic

Post by Catalysis »

Please can you confirm if the free upgrade applies if one has purchased a P3D plane from a third party (in my case Flightsimstore). Thanks.

vgbaron
Airman First Class

Post by vgbaron »

Scott - A2A wrote:Vic,

Once the existing Prepar3D Accu-Sim fleet is released for version 4, we will begin the process of building Prepar3D versions of our FSX fleet of airplanes, including the Mustang. Moving FSX aircraft to Prepar3Dv4 is a more arduous process with some unpredictability, so we will take these projects one aircraft at a time and can't offer accurate predictions when each will be completed. And like previous Prepar3D products, these will be new, paid products when released.

Scott.
Great! Sounds good to me

Vic

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Scott: Thank you for the word. This is great news! I'm glad that A2A will be available in the new system.

Seeya
ATB

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We will be providing all 3rd party A2A distributors to add the new P3Dv4 products to any existing A2A pre-v4 P3D orders.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Catalysis
Airman Basic

Post by Catalysis »

Scott - A2A wrote:We will be providing all 3rd party A2A distributors to add the new P3Dv4 products to any existing A2A pre-v4 P3D orders.

Scott.

Fantastic, thanks

CaptKornDog
Airman First Class

Post by CaptKornDog »

What's the best way to update the FSX Comanche, Cherokee, Skyhawk, and Skylane to the P3Dv4 non-academic license (I don't meet the academic criteria likely)? Sounding like it's going to cost me $320?

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I wonder how that twin looks in v4? :mrgreen:

-Esa

eagle67
Airman

Post by eagle67 »

Hi,

Thanks,. what a Brave decision, I will order more plans from you guys :-)

Brgds
S.O.
Have a nice day and Please Advise,

Brgds
Eagle

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

This is exciting news for sure! As Wallace (or indeed Lewis) would say... "Cracking!" :D
Michal - A2A wrote:This is a screenshot of our T-6 Texan in Prepar3D v4. We've upgraded our aircraft with some of the new tech available in new version of the simulator - here you can see dynamic spotlight in the cockpit. It's now possible to grab the flashlight mounted on the wall, move it freely around and it will illuminate the cockpit accordingly.

The screenshot looks very impressive Mike. :D Any chance we'll see this tech used to update the VC lighting in the GA line too? (I'm thinking stuff like the glareshield lighting in the Cessnas...)

Thanks,
Nick

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Nick M wrote:The screenshot looks very impressive Mike. :D Any chance we'll see this tech used to update the VC lighting in the GA line too? (I'm thinking stuff like the glareshield lighting in the Cessnas...)

Thanks,
Nick
This! How about getting a flashlight for the walk around, and also in the cockpit, so that one finds the switches in the dark? This would be feasable now with the new lighting system.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Once the existing Prepar3D Accu-Sim fleet is released for version 4, we will begin the process of building Prepar3D versions of our FSX fleet of airplanes, including the Mustang. Moving FSX aircraft to Prepar3Dv4 is a more arduous process with some unpredictability, so we will take these projects one aircraft at a time and can't offer accurate predictions when each will be completed. And like previous Prepar3D products, these will be new, paid products when released.

Scott.
Hi Scott,

I understand no accurate prediction is possible, but I really hope we won't have to wait for *years* to get the Accusim warbirds back in our P3Dv4 hangars :/
For those like me who are more interested in warbirds than in vfr planes, the fact that the Mustang, the Spitfire, the P-40, the B-17 and the P-47 won't be available for P3Dv4 is a very bad news. Since A2A usually needs 6 to 12 months to release a new plane, reading that the warbirds will be "re-done" is a bit depressing...

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Daube wrote:

Scott.
Hi Scott,

I understand no accurate prediction is possible, but I really hope we won't have to wait for *years* to get the Accusim warbirds back in our P3Dv4 hangars :/
For those like me who are more interested in warbirds than in vfr planes, the fact that the Mustang, the Spitfire, the P-40, the B-17 and the P-47 won't be available for P3Dv4 is a very bad news. Since A2A usually needs 6 to 12 months to release a new plane, reading that the warbirds will be "re-done" is a bit depressing...
Glass half empty, eh?

Look, they are planning to bring the older aircraft to P3D. That is good news. This will probably bring them up to even better standard than they already have - the P-47, the Cub, the B-17, the B-377 will all benefit from better propeller simulation for example.
Fly them in FSX or P3D v3 while waiting, and let's rejoice in this enormous step forward. :)

My glass is brimming. :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”