Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Free P3Dv4 upgrade for existing A2A P3Dv3 customers

Post by Roadburner426 »

You know what I have found about the walk arounds over the last few months is that if you turn the cockpit lighting on the walk around menu's are at least lit up and not dark. So if I am doing a preflight at night I just turn on the cockpit flood lighting and do my walk around so I can see the pictures. This dynamic lighting stuff sure is exciting though as it opens a whole world of possibilities.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

CaptKornDog wrote:What's the best way to update the FSX Comanche, Cherokee, Skyhawk, and Skylane to the P3Dv4 non-academic license (I don't meet the academic criteria likely)? Sounding like it's going to cost me $320?
Good question !
Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

mallcott wrote:Before anyone becomes biliously joyful, know that FSUIPC will NOT work with v4.
Update: it WILL work. ;) Albeit not from day one, and it means buying a new license.

In my case, there are zero issues with A2A products as they have rather comprehensive input configurator and I use the default axis commands. I only use the FSUIPC in rare cases where some addon takes use of some more...exotic axis (say, steering set). But I see cockpit builders can take these news relieving.

-Esa

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Nick M wrote:Any chance we'll see this tech used to update the VC lighting in the GA line too? (I'm thinking stuff like the glareshield lighting in the Cessnas...)

Thanks,
Nick
At this time we can't make the light dimmable for the glare shield in the 172 so our current dimmable lighting will remain.

o0spyder0o
Airman Basic

Post by o0spyder0o »

Great stuff. All the beta tests on youtube are showing how great the 64bit version is, just what we needed.
Looking forward to all the A2A planes being updated, many thanks.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Yeah the Mustang being officially FSX only was one of the reason I never went to Prepar3d. I would think the planes going back to the Spitfire would be fairly easy as everything from then on is based on the Accu-sim core. The B-17, Cub, P-47, and B377 were their own standalone things and might take awhile to incorporate. Either way it is all pretty exciting, and I am happy the warbirds are finally going to be brought over. To me now that is actually more exciting than whatever might be coming next. :mrgreen:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Turner
Airman

Post by Turner »

Scott - A2A wrote:
BabtridgeMcJoystick wrote:I am on P3D 2.5, can I still get the free upgrade to v4?
Yes, as long as you have an A2A P3D product in the store, it will get upgraded.

Scott.
Wow. Just wow. This is great news.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Michal - A2A wrote:
Nick M wrote:Any chance we'll see this tech used to update the VC lighting in the GA line too? (I'm thinking stuff like the glareshield lighting in the Cessnas...)

Thanks,
Nick
At this time we can't make the light dimmable for the glare shield in the 172 so our current dimmable lighting will remain.
Okay - thanks for the clarification Michal. :wink:

Nick

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Thank you A2A for Prepar3d v4 support!

I'm interested in purchasing the C182 when available for v4. I'd like to know, is these native installers making the v3 version compatible or are there any optimizations or v4 specific features added to these versions?
Last edited by Ifikratis on 28 May 2017, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

To make my question a little more clear,

In forum compatibility lists, I can see that A2A airplanes are labeled "compatible". Does this means that the current v3 installers already work but the upcoming native x64 bit installers are planned to bring new features of P3D v4 platform?
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

They are existing P3D moved over and where appropriate making use of the new features, for example as posted in this thread the T-6 screenshot from Michal showing the new P3Dv4 lights.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Lewis - A2A wrote:They are existing P3D moved over and where appropriate making use of the new features, for example as posted in this thread the T-6 screenshot from Michal showing the new P3Dv4 lights.

thanks,
Lewis
Thank you very much Lewis. So, I suppose the new P3Dv4 lights could also have an effect on the C182. I think I'll order the C182 and wait for its v4 update as I will keep only a v4 installation from now on.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Ifikratis wrote:So, I suppose the new P3Dv4 lights could also have an effect on the C182. I think I'll order the C182 and wait for its v4 update as I will keep only a v4 installation from now on.
I'm not sure as I've not been following the technicalities, but I understand the new default lightning system still does not support dimmables. It would be cool if there were any tweaks to make the FSL Spotlights compatible where possible, with VC switches interacting and all.

-Esa

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

The more I read about free upgrades for 'other' third party add-ons, the more 'chuffed' i become. This is getting quite exciting.

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

AKar wrote:
Ifikratis wrote:So, I suppose the new P3Dv4 lights could also have an effect on the C182. I think I'll order the C182 and wait for its v4 update as I will keep only a v4 installation from now on.
I'm not sure as I've not been following the technicalities, but I understand the new default lightning system still does not support dimmables. It would be cool if there were any tweaks to make the FSL Spotlights compatible where possible, with VC switches interacting and all.

-Esa
I was thinking about that issue yesterday.. I think I might have a work around for A2A to try..
Would it be possible to have let say 10 identical light (Same position of origine, same orientation, same colour) all set to a very low value of light.. and find a way for the rotary dimmer to turn on more and more of these overlapping identical light sources.. this would give our dimmer about 10 brightness level and make it possible to have a very dim light or a brighter one (all the way to 10x more bright than the most dimmed setting....

I'm pretty sure the 10 light sources is achievable but might be a bit more ressource hungry on FPS... my biggest doubt here is if a rotary knob can be program to control 10 lights sources...

What do you think guys?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”