Unable to install

Britain's premier front line fighter of World War II
new reply
pj_3
Senior Airman

Unable to install

Post by pj_3 »

Sorry to have to ask: I've searched the forum for an answer and tried all suggested: I have the 109, the P40 and the Spit installed, then last week downloaded the new patch. It wouldn't install, and gave the "Either MS FSX was not found or there is corruption... etc.." message.
I then removed the Spit completely, rebooted, cleaned the registry and attempted a reinstall of the original aircraft: it failed with the same error. I repeated this with the P40.

It also now won't reinstall.

I removed the RA Spit - it reinstalled just fine: I re/re'd the Eaglesoft Citation: it went in just fine, too. Rick Piper's Chipmunk; MAAM's B25..

I don't know whether it's related to the patch, or some other issue. I've re-created a phony "default" installation folder on the C: and browsed to it in the install, but it says that one is corrupt, too.

I need some help, please, Scott. This sim is too big to rebuild from scratch!

Regards,

pj

pj_3
Senior Airman

Resolution

Post by pj_3 »

... So... I COPIED the Spit and P40 from my FSX\backup\ folder on the "E:\Stuff" drive into the "F:\FlightSim" drive and voila! Not only does the Spit work as it should, but I was then able to successfully install the b****y patch!

I've worked in IT as a Unix sysadmin for the last 15 years or so - and I'm so glad most all I use is Unix. I would surely go utterly stark staring bonkers working on Windows. :roll:

Thanks for reading,

pj

new reply

Return to “Supermarine Spitfire MKI”