The Best BF109? An Accu-Sim Future?

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
Th!rdeye
Airman

The Best BF109? An Accu-Sim Future?

Post by Th!rdeye »

I really love my P-47 Accu-Sim, but i also enjoy BF109s and FW190s. I know that the 190 is getting a accu-sim treatment (am i correct?)

But what is in store for the BF109? Accu-Sim? Friedrich or Gustav models?

Is this BF109 the best i can get right now in terms of realism? It is somewhat cheap at $19 but i am afraid i am wasting that if a F or G comes out. As those versions are my absolute favorite.

Are the Flight Replicas any good? They are FSX ports though....

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The Best BF109? An Accu-Sim Future?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I believe mike over at Flight rep's is slowly working on an native FSX model but I am not sure.

Our plans are to accu-sim the 109e at some point but I am not sure when this will be. We will know more once the pack for the B-17 is out.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Codex
Airman

Post by Codex »

Sorry to dig up this old post, but whats the latest news on the FW-190 with Accu-Sim?

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

I've asked this question before Codex. AFAIK, there are still plans to Accu-Sim the Dora, but I don't think it's going to be until late 2011. Please correct me if I'm wrong Lewis; hopefully I am! :D

If you need an FSX Fw190 fix, give the Classics-Hangar Anton versions a try. It's fantastic! I personally can't wait to pair it with and Accu-Simmed Dora. I apologize in advance for plugging another company's product here, but I remember A2A and Mathias coming to an agreement on splitting the development of the Anton and the Dora.

stewjw
Airman Basic

Post by stewjw »

Just wanted to add I'm also very interested in an Accusim version of the BF-109e. There has been so much written on comparing this aircraft with the Spitfire Mark 1, it would be very interesting to compare the performance of two accurately simulated aircraft. Well as accurate as can be on todays PCs. A tall order but a comparison across the whole BF-109 series would also be fun and A2A now seem to have the tools to do this. I guess you just need some empirical data?

Shadow
Airman Basic

Post by Shadow »

We have been watching Hangar B at the A2A R&D airfield (the area where the Accu-Sim Spitfire MkI/II spent a good deal of time). Accu-Sim testing equipment still remains.

We reported a few days ago there is another occupant in this hangar, and it is not the P-51 or SpitV, as they are still across the airfield out in the open where everyone can see.

However, yesterday around 7:15pmCST, one of our guys managed to record the sound of an engine running, but something appeared to happen and it was shut down. We’re not sure what engine this is, but we do not believe this is a Rolls Royce Merlin:
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l57 ... 467743.mp4

rwmarth
Senior Airman

Post by rwmarth »

So cryptic... Well an Allison liquid cooled engine would be nice if it is in the works!

Hapless2305
Airman First Class

Post by Hapless2305 »

Doesn't a P-40 have a Rolls Royce Merlin in it? Not supercharged though. Hmmmm....
Lee

Image Image
Image Image

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

Only the shadow knows...ha :lol: :lol:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Hapless2305 wrote:Doesn't a P-40 have a Rolls Royce Merlin in it? Not supercharged though. Hmmmm....

The P-40F had a Merlin with a single stage supercharger. Introduced about 1941 from memory (delivered '42?) and helped squeeze a little more service lfe out of an aircraft that was rugged, reliable, could absorb damage but was generally outclassed by most opponents by that time.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

rwmarth
Senior Airman

Post by rwmarth »

Hapless2305 wrote:Doesn't a P-40 have a Rolls Royce Merlin in it? Not supercharged though. Hmmmm....
Early P-40s had an Allison v1710 with later models with that engine being supercharged. Of course accusiming an Allison 1710 would open up the p-38 as well as the kinky P-39 in the future!

Shadow
Airman Basic

Post by Shadow »

Four people were seen leaving HangarB last night. They moved quickly into a blue Ford Explorer. One of the guys left a bag on the ground. They drove for about 50 ft then reversed, and we got a positive ID on one as he exited the car and grabbed the bag; It was Lewis Bloomfield. They sped off with lights off until they reached the north gate. The guard handed them something small, someone reached out and gave him a cigarette and they had a bit of a laugh. Other than that, things were pretty quiet.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

"...The SHADOW knows!"
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Fleurdelys
Airman Basic

Post by Fleurdelys »

Shadow wrote:We have been watching Hangar B at the A2A R&D airfield (the area where the Accu-Sim Spitfire MkI/II spent a good deal of time). Accu-Sim testing equipment still remains.

We reported a few days ago there is another occupant in this hangar, and it is not the P-51 or SpitV, as they are still across the airfield out in the open where everyone can see.

However, yesterday around 7:15pmCST, one of our guys managed to record the sound of an engine running, but something appeared to happen and it was shut down. We’re not sure what engine this is, but we do not believe this is a Rolls Royce Merlin:
http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l57 ... 467743.mp4
I'd like to offer a "SWAG" that this was the sound of a D&B 601 which we all know used to pull the 109E...
Better yet, go listen to the "idle" .wav file in the sound section of your A2A 109E and tell me I'm wrong...

Fleurdelys

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hello

how is it going with BF-109? it would be great to receive an update on how is it coming.

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”