wings of power patch 1.2

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
krosen
Airman Basic

wings of power patch 1.2

Post by krosen »

had to reinstall wings of power, bombers and jets and fighters versions, and tried to update to patch 1.2 so I could add the most recent patches. all the pages I was directed to to download the patch don't exist any more. Does anyone know of a site that is still active?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: wings of power patch 1.2

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Krosen,

thanks for the post. We are under going some updates behind the scenes and some downloads are not available at the moment. I've added this particular one to be fixed asap for you.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

john99vette
Senior Airman

Post by john99vette »

Were can I find patch 1.2?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Here's the FSX update for the 109;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=11065

thanks,
Lewis

john99vette
Senior Airman

Post by john99vette »

Thanks Lewis

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I have recently re-installed FS9 and would like to try the 109 in that sim. Do I need the version 1.2 patch, which I have backed up on my system?

Thanks,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No, you will not want to update the model to FSX if using FS2004. But i'll need to double check as its going back a few amount of time.

thanks,
Lewis

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Thanks Lewis. I also have the FSX patch, but I can't see if the 1.2 update relates to FS9, FSX or both. However, on searching this a bit more, I notice that version 1.2 was released in 2006, and the FSX update was released in 2008 and requires prior installation of the version 1.2 update. This leads me to think that the version 1.2 update can be used in FS9.

Hope you can clarify.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes upon looking 1.2 predates the fsx patch which I had thought was one of the same. Really had to go to some old post and old files for this one hehe :mrgreen:

How come you are tinkering with the old FS2004 again?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for confirming what I thought. Didn't want to jump in boots first as I've already got a lot of time invested in FS9 set up.

What I found when I tried installing the version 1.2 update was that once it got to actually trying to install the files, it quit saying it couldn't find a WOPII WW2 Fighters installation, as it wants to update all WW2 Fighters in FS9. All that for nothing, it appears. :roll: I'm using Win10, btw.

The reason I've re-installed FS9 is that I miss flying my Douglas DC-6's, Connies of all varieties and Convairs, and flying them into period correct airports and scenery. So I've re-installed FS9, Silverwings scenery (this removes much of modern suburbia), and have downloaded all the latest scenery, traffic files and planes at Calclassics. They still hold up well after all these years and many new (old) airports have been added in the 6 years I've been away. The catalyst came when I read that new renditions of Brisbane and Perth airports, as they were in the early '60's, have been released, and since Perth is my home town, I had to have a look. FS9 is still more stable and loads faster than both FSX and P3D. I've given up FSX and won't go back to that, and I'm still slowly re-purchasing A2A planes for P3DV4 as I can. P3D looks so much better than FS9, as I was reminded last night flying the A2A Bonanza over Spain and Morocco last night, but it still crashes, mostly when trying to change from one A2A plane to another, so I've found.

I have tried the old FS9 propliners in FSX, but haven't been impressed with the results. And all of the backdated sceneries work best in FS9 too, so my next trick is to try to improve the overall look of it. It's a pity there's on ORBX for FS9, but I think I've found something suitable. I wanted to try the Messerschmitt 109 in it's original sim as I wanted something that I can just have fun with beating up airfields and generally exploring the scenery at low level, which is tricky trying to peer out of a 749 Connie and avoid the scenery in such a lumbering machine. :mrgreen: And I can't stand the standard planes that come with any sim. So I think that it is best to keep my old airliner flying in a separate sim from my A2A simming, which I do in P3DV4.

I may change my mind on this when Manfred Jahn releases the Convair for P3DV4 he's working on, but we'll see at that time. Though I hope by that time I'll be totally consummed by the new A2A early jet or GA twin A2A will have released by then :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”