Aircraft Power Pack II install with Steam FSX

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
smurrah
Airman Basic

Aircraft Power Pack II install with Steam FSX

Post by smurrah »

Hello I am having trouble getting this to install with the Steam Version of FSX. I installed The P-51 downloadable one fine but this one has trouble with the folder I directed the installer to go to the FSX folder in D drive where I have all my steam games and it tells me. It requires an additional 2034603916 K of bytes free but my HD is a 4 TB harddrive with 2.10 TB free. So I think this is an installer problem with the newer types of drives is there a fix for this?

Samuel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aircraft Power Pack II install with Steam FSX

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Samuel,

the old product was never designed for steam edition as if memory serves me it dates back to before the FSX Service packs also. Whats the directory your trying to install into, is it your steam common folder or the FSX folder itself?

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

smurrah
Airman Basic

Post by smurrah »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Samuel,

the old product was never designed for steam edition as if memory serves me it dates back to before the FSX Service packs also. Whats the directory your trying to install into, is it your steam common folder or the FSX folder itself?

thanks
Lewis - A2A

I'm installing into the FSX folder itself which is IN the Steamapps/common folder. The problem isn't the location. It's the way the installer doesn't understand TB of space because it existed before TB drives were made.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What the location your trying to install into exactly?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Flappy
Airman Basic

Post by Flappy »

Perhaps I can be of some assistance here, Lewis. My Steam/FSX directory is as follows: D:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX. I too am unable to install my copy of Power Pack II. Just to be clear we ARE talking the Aircraft Power Pack 2 with Sky Defender on it as well correct? Mine finds the initial entries in the correct registry locations then fails and states that my copy of fsx appears corrupt or mis-installed and suggests re-installation. I even TRIED that method to no avail unfortunately.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”