P51 + Differential Braking = freeze of sim?

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
THORmx
Senior Airman

P51 + Differential Braking = freeze of sim?

Post by THORmx »

Hi,

Just got the WWII fighters today and must say i'm most pleased! The maps are great and the planes look and fly sweet. Seeing the instruments move from spot view in the p51 and Zero is a nice touch!

However, I can not manage to taxi the Undertaker (P51) without freezing the sim. I can do ok, until I need to use differential braking and the tail wheel turns alot, and then it freezes. I can do that all day with the Wings of Power standalone p51.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: P51 + Differential Braking = freeze of sim?

Post by SD_Research »

THORmx wrote:Hi,

Just got the WWII fighters today and must say i'm most pleased! The maps are great and the planes look and fly sweet. Seeing the instruments move from spot view in the p51 and Zero is a nice touch!

However, I can not manage to taxi the Undertaker (P51) without freezing the sim. I can do ok, until I need to use differential braking and the tail wheel turns alot, and then it freezes. I can do that all day with the Wings of Power standalone p51.
Got me, it has to be a system issue, a driver problem with the joystick most likely.

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

hmmm...i have no idea either. i have pretty much all of the SW planes, and it is the only one that it happens on. Hitting F11 or F12 while turning with the joystick (twist rudder)

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

more info on this...

it's only the "F12" key that makes it happen, and it's not only Shockwave planes....sorry :oops:

I don't know how to check what else F12 is doing in the system, but it makes FS get real choppy, and then it just locks up, sometimes causing me to restart my computer :S

GX007
Senior Airman

Post by GX007 »

Are you using Track IR? The F12 key is their hot key to realign the tracker.
GX

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

nope :(

i wish i knew what caused it!

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

For the time-being you could reassign the differential brakes I need to do that as well, fortunate not because my sim freezes but i dont have enough hands with the new taxi characteristics of the updated P51.

Regards,

Meso

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”