Manual mixture setting issue ?

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
UberCougar
Airman

Manual mixture setting issue ?

Post by UberCougar »

Hi,

I seem to be having a minor problem with the Spitfire's manual mixture control; basically, whilst on the ground or during the climb it slowly opens up from whatever setting I've set it to to full rich.

This occurs whether I've started the plane up from a completely shut down state or loaded it ready to fly; in addition, the problem seems to go away once in the cruise.

As a result, I've tried setting cruise power and rpm in the climb to see if it makes any difference but no joy, it still slowly opens up to fully rich.

I have the UK pack plus the patch installed; if it makes any difference, I use a Thrustmaster Cougar with mixture control set to a hat. In addition, I fly the plane by the checklist.

If you can suggest anything I'd be grateful but it's only a minor problem.

Overall, this package is absolutely superb, the Spitfire and Bf109 are worth the asking price alone - the virtual cockpits and sounds are head and shoulders above anything else I've flown in FS2004 and I buy a lot of addons; their FM seems pretty much spot on too, the Spitfire 'feels' just right.

Cheers,

Paul

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

This is not in the flight model, this is due to some kind of controller conflict. The hat being used to control the mixture is very suspicious; you should find a slider instead, the hat is not intended to be used for this, and likely there is "creep" in the calibration that cannot be eliminated. Also make sure you don't have another controller set to adjust the mixture and verify your controllers are calibrated correctly.

UberCougar
Airman

Post by UberCougar »

Aye, I suspected it was likely to be a controller issue - I'll recalibrate my Cougar and switch mixture control to something else.

Cheers,

P.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”