Seperate Aircraft

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I have a question. Why would you not want a zero, 109, or spit from shockwave? Thats like saying " I know your offering gas at half price but I'll pay the full price anyway " hehehe

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Point-man wrote:I have a question. Why would you not want a zero, 109, or spit from shockwave? Thats like saying " I know your offering gas at half price but I'll pay the full price anyway " hehehe
Why would I not want a Zero, 109 or Spit made by Shockwave? Because I don't want a Zero, 109 or Spit. Them being made by Shockwave doesn't matter. Why would I not want a 747 from PMDG? Because I have no interest in 747s. A plane could be widely hailed as the greatest FS add-on ever made, and if it's not a type of plane I like, I won't care. A TV show could be held by everyone I know as the greatest work in the history of the medium, but if it the plot doesn't appeal to me, I won't watch it.

I don't fly Axis planes, so the 109 and Zero are useless to me. I'm not much of a Spitfire fan, and if I were to get a Spitfire, it would be a Mk. V, not a Mk. I. The P-47 is nice, but if I want Thunderbolts I'll get the whole package and not just a razorback.

I have no doubt the Zero, 109, and Spit in WWII Fighters will be very good, but my tastes in FS add-ons are based on the add-ons themselves, not who made them (aside from certain companies which I will not do business with for personal reasons). Just because I like one product by a certain company doesn't mean I automatically want anything else made by them, whatever its quality may be.

So in essence, I'm paying $30 for a new P-51 model, on top of the $25 I already paid for the previous version.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

I have to agree with CWD... it's all in what you want in your collection of pc aircraft. Like him I don't really care for a Zero.... why is my choice. But seeing that Shockwave has come out with a WWII Fighters package, I'll take it. I didn't get the P51 in the single download so this way I can get it plus a 109, which is the one I fly online with IL2. I know there will be no comparison as IL2 is in no way "full real".

Shockwave's products are very good, but that doesn't mean they're the only designers with good products. I consider myself a friend of Scott and hope he considers the same about me, but that doesn't mean he has to buy what I have, and visa verse. :wink: But too, I'll back his products to the end.... they deserve it IMHO as I feel they are that good.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

stevemc
Airman

Post by stevemc »

they could have just left the mustang alone, but they're better than that. they updated the old model as much as they possibly could without having to make a new one. for free. then they surpassed that, went beyond what they ever had to do and made it over again. and threw that in with 3 brand new planes, and this virtually is a brand new plane, so much work was put into it. for the cost of one plane. i know somebody will say they dont care what other companies do, but the others often charge for the updates, other versions of the same plane, etc. etc. Now i know my views contradict others, everyone has their own, but shockwave goes above and beyond their call of duty, and I for one am willing to pay for their extraordinary efforts. Thank you scott, I as well as others truely appreciate all the work you do for your, well, work.

stevemc
Airman

Post by stevemc »

all the rest of the people at shockwave, too. oops!

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I agree about other companies having good stuff as well. Such as the realair spit or what have you. I guess I'm just a WWII junky... hehe

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”