a concern from an owner of many Shockwave Planes...

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
mJolner
Airman

a concern from an owner of many Shockwave Planes...

Post by mJolner »

It may be a little early yet for me to ask these questions but I have a few concerns.

I already own the P47 and the P51. I also have BOB2 WOV and is it just me or those the same models for the Spit and Me 109 used in that game. The cockpit in the spit looks pretty familiar as do the external textures for both the Spit and the Me 109. I understand FS9 has a better FM compared to WoV but will there be other changes such as sound or maybe higher res textures.

That leaves the zero. For a single aircraft release with multiple variations you have charged $25 to $30. For a quality product that is reasonable. Is it possible that the zero will be available for seperate download with some variants?

I have mixed feelings about this latest release, its great for those who have not yet purchased any shockwave stuff, leaves some guys in the cold who already have most of the previous stuff.

I guess am just expressing my disappointment at the aircraft selection. I was hoping for maybe a P-38 or an La-5, or a Hellcat. Well regardless you guys have always delivered, I will just keep flying with the great products Shockwave has already released, there is always tomorrow.

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

I believe Scott has said in various other threads that each of the aircraft in the pack will be available as a seperate download for those who already have the P51 & P47.

And of course they will also get the updated models that are going into the Fighters pack. :D

Cheers

Paul

mJolner
Airman

Post by mJolner »

I believe Scott has said in various other threads that each of the aircraft in the pack will be available as a seperate download for those who already have the P51 & P47.
Oops well that pretty much null and voids my post.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

The only thing I can say is we are more excited about this WWII fighters than anything we've done yet for FS9, and we really think that no one will be disappointed with any of the planes. Wait until you see the performance comparisons, we have created highly detailed graphs and charts showing the difference in performance for all five planes - this is measured, in-game performance translated into graphics, tables, and charts similar to those used for actual aircraft testing back in the day. But the numbers are what we generated from our own testing, and they match the specs for the real aircraft in every category. It's interesting, for example, to look at the tables for top speed, range, horsepower, weight, rates of climb, and power-to-weight and quickly see the major differences between these planes. Then you can look at the speed vs. altitude graphs and see just how these planes stacked up against each other speed-wise from sea level to their operational ceilings; the Spitfire has ratings for both normal military power and the +12 psi overboost allowed for combat. We've duplicated unique features of the flight modeling, like the increase in speed with the reduction of RPM reported by the RAE in Spitfire testing, and the lack of adequate pitch trim for the Zero at high indicated airspeeds (another reason the Zero could not dive well). You get comparison graphs for time and distance to climb as well as fuel used to climb, all from sea level to operational altitude.

In short, we think this package is as much a history lesson as it is an introduction to five of the most important fighters of WWII, and anyone interested in these aircraft or aviation history is going to love this package.

mJolner
Airman

Post by mJolner »

Sounds excellent, I really appreciate that there are others out there who are interested in the details. Performance comparisons are my meat and potatoes.

My father-in-law jokes about FS9 "What do ya do after ya take off? Ya land! Big deal nothin shoots at you."

He doesnt understand the aspect of tweaking engine perfromance and playing with the RPM and manifold pressures and altitude. Or the simple fact of appreciating a vintage 1940s cockpit layout and listening to the low RPM rumble of the R-2800 spinning a huge prop. Ah the little things.

Who am I kidding I will buy this package as well.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

mJolner, maybe someday Shockwave will produce their own combat sim using their own "absolute real" WWII a/c. I'm sure it would blow any other combat sim out now right out of the "proverbial water". :wink:

Let's see now... they only need a few more a/c and thye'd have the makings for their own version of B17 and the ETO, with B24s able to be included.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I'd give $200 for a game that shockwave produced by themselves... If it was a global type game like FS where you could go from italy to france to england to the US so to speak. If it had true flight models and 3d models. Basicallly what I'm saying is if shockwave produce a sim that had real terrain such as FS and maps for the entire area and with real models flight/3D I would pay $200 without question. With that big of an area could you imagine the types of battles that you could have and how real they would seem?

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Point-man wrote:I'd give $200 for a game that shockwave produced by themselves...
Be careful of your wishes, you just might get them... :P

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Now be sure to read the whole post and what it would take for me to pay that much for a game though...

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”