P51D just rolled out - SCREENSHOTS

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
NigeF-51
Airman

Post by NigeF-51 »

Hi all,
Sounds like good news about the updates. Can I ask, (1) if the wire aerial from canopy to fin can be removed/made optional as ETO Mustangs were not fitted with it & (2) if the second 'link' chute can be added to the bottom surface of each wing?
Also, is it possible to have the drop tank pylon modelled for the combat versions flying without tanks?
Regards

Nige

nigel@freestone05dotplusdotcom
[replace dot with . for e-mail]

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Scott, one more question.

I realize we're asking a lot, and it's probably too early for you to answer with any certainty, but can you comment on whether existing repaints will be compatible with the updated P-51D model?

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

CWD,

Scott already answered that .... read it here.

It's good news. :)
Snuffy

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Snuffy_Hadden wrote:CWD,

Scott already answered that .... read it here.

It's good news. :)
Ah, I didn't see that. Thanks Snuffy, my apologies for the oversight. I've been holding off doing any new repaints because I wasn't sure if I'd have to update all of my existing ones once the new version comes out, but...to heck with it, I can't hold back. :)

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

hate to be picky but this is a chance for shockwave to fix some minor,but important details on their p-51. that i and others have noticed. mr BRADBURGER posted an excellent sideview of the p51 .which show the top of thevertical tail surfaces should not go straight across but rather angle down slightly
and the back of the rudder goes all the way down in a straight line, ours has a bend near the bottom.
also the wind screen should be optically flat.
the gear doors hinge at the bottom of the wing ,but i think shockwaves are attached to the gear strut itself.
i notice on most of my aircraft that the oleo strut compression is never right. if they have the right compression on the ground they don't decompress when airborn. is there something in microsoft itself that won't allow full travel of struts?

these are my opinions only.
looking forward to buying the product regardless
bud

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR wrote:hate to be picky but this is a chance for shockwave to fix some minor,but important details on their p-51. that i and others have noticed. mr BRADBURGER posted an excellent sideview of the p51 .which show the top of thevertical tail surfaces should not go straight across but rather angle down slightly
and the back of the rudder goes all the way down in a straight line, ours has a bend near the bottom.
also the wind screen should be optically flat.
the gear doors hinge at the bottom of the wing ,but i think shockwaves are attached to the gear strut itself.
i notice on most of my aircraft that the oleo strut compression is never right. if they have the right compression on the ground they don't decompress when airborn. is there something in microsoft itself that won't allow full travel of struts?

these are my opinions only.
looking forward to buying the product regardless
bud
Did you see where Scott said virtually every improvement mentioned in this thread is already being implemented?

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

that's great news!
incidentally, i wonder if scott could give us working machine guns like skyunlimited's p-38. it would be nice to see tracers even though nothing would be destroyed.
bud

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Already been done. I have an effects setup somewhere on my hard drive that adds exhaust flames and machine gun effects to the WoP P-51D. I don't actually have it installed on mine, I keep meaning to do it.

I could probably give you a copy if I could get permission from the author, it's a guy who posts on SOH if I recall correctly.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

CWD, yes by all means try and get permission. I've looked for these effects but haven't found them yet. I'd love to install them and try them out.

Or, add the link to them here. It might be easier that way and less work for you. :wink:
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

They aren't in a file library anywhere, and I'm not having much success finding all the right parts so far.

Army_485
Airman First Class

Post by Army_485 »

when will the update be released I hope it is soon I cant wait:D

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

They're not plane specific updates. You have to buy the WW2 Fighters package to get the fixes as far as I know.

No the WW2 package will not update your current installment of WoP aircraft. Sorry.
Snuffy

Army_485
Airman First Class

Post by Army_485 »

scott said there is going to be a update to the P-51D

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Yes indeed.

Very first post in the thread, Snuffy.
Any changes we make to the core WoP P51 will also be made available via an update to all owners of the full P51D/H package. The same applies to the WoP P47.
:?

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Alright ... so I have a severe case of CRS ....

I stand corrected. :p
Snuffy

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”