P51D just rolled out - SCREENSHOTS

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
Scott - A2A
A2A General

P51D just rolled out - SCREENSHOTS

Post by Scott - A2A »

He P51 is receiving some attention as well. Below are some shots of the official WWII FIGHTERS P51D.

Any changes we make to the core WoP P51 will also be made available via an update to all owners of the full P51D/H package. The same applies to the WoP P47.

Last edited by Scott - A2A on 03 Jun 2006, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CWD
Senior Airman

Re: P51D just rolled out - SCREENSHOTS

Post by CWD »

Scott - Shockwave wrote:He P51 is receiving some attention as well. Below are some shots of the official WWII FIGHTERS P51D.

Any changes we make to the core WoP P51 will also be made available via an update to all owners of the full P51D/H package. The same applies to the WoP P47.
That's great to hear. Nice looking Flying Undertaker scheme, too. Is it finalized what those changes will be yet?

Army_485
Airman First Class

Post by Army_485 »

Can you drop the tanks?

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

Scott - Shockwave wrote:He P51 is receiving some attention as well. Below are some shots of the official WWII FIGHTERS P51D.

That's good to hear Scott.

Are the landing gear and it's doors going to be corrected with this update/version? :?:

Cheers

Paul

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Bradburger wrote:

That's good to hear Scott.

Are the landing gear and it's doors going to be corrected with this update/version? :?:

Cheers

Paul
What was wrong with them before?

The windscreen looks the same, unfortunately. I'll be happy if it gets the high-realism fuel mixture system some of the other WW2 Fighters planes are, though.

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

CWD wrote: What was wrong with them before?

The windscreen looks the same, unfortunately. I'll be happy if it gets the high-realism fuel mixture system some of the other WW2 Fighters planes are, though.
If you take a close look at them, you'll see that the gear door shape is not quite right. It should be straight at the top then the rear should angle off as can be seen from these comparison shots. Also the angle of the gear legs is not quite right (looks to, me like they are too straight giving the model a rather nose high sit - the real gear legs appear angled forward more) and also the wheels seems to be in the wrong position, as the gear door covers them more on the real thing.

Here are some comparion shots:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0 ... hoto_nr=13

Whilst not quite the same side on angle and distance, hopefully you should be able to see what I mean.

Cheers

Paul
Last edited by Bradburger on 12 Apr 2006, 16:44, edited 4 times in total.

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

And here's a comparison shot I made up of the 3d wireframe in Aircraft Container Manager with the SkyUnlimited gear & doors & comparison with the default ones:

WoP Default

With SU gear & doors

Whilst probably not 100 percent accurate, it does look more like they do on the real thing IMO and the angle forward and sit looks about right to me. :wink:

I personally would like to see them fixed as this is one thing that has always bugged me about this great aircraft.

Scott, is there is any chance that the update will have the gear doors drop down when the engine is off like the SkyUnlimited P51's & a freeware one I know of? :?:

Oh, and is there any chance of the later Paddle bladed Hamilton Std prop being modelled also? I quite liked having the differences on the P47's as I've only ever seen the Curtiss unit modelled on previous FS renditions of it. :roll:

Cheers

Paul

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

From what I can tell just looking at the screenshots, nothing on the actual model has been changed at all.

Of course, if I'm wrong Scott will say so and that's perfectly fine. :)

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

This picture leads me to think thay were not angled foreward.

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

OK, here's a better comparison I think.

Looks to me if the legs and fairing on the 3-view are angled more forward (or back if you like!) and the gear door shape is correct. I think also that the wheel hubs maybe slight too big on the WoP model.

I think it would be nice if these could be fixed in the update! :D

Cheers

Paul

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

You can also sort of see the windscreen flaw in that comparison, though it would be easier if the WoP model were untextured so nothing blends in.

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

CWD wrote:You can also sort of see the windscreen flaw in that comparison, though it would be easier if the WoP model were untextured so nothing blends in.

There you go CWD. :wink:

Cheers

Paul

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are aware and can see these areas that need tweaking. We did have a discussion about the gear angle back when the model was originally built and reviewed many things, but I can see now that the angle should be out a bit more. I am not sure why we concluded otherwise at the time we were discussing this, but this is what updates are all about.

The beauty of the WWII FIGHTERS product is we can go into this aircraft once again and perform not only fixes, but add new features / technology as well. The WoP P51 is an aircraft we treasure in our collection not only for what it represents, but it being our first WWII prop-driven fighter built to be truly flown by-the-book.

The P51D we flew / recorded for WoP is in annual now (standard once-a-year tear-down inspection all aircraft must go through to remain air-worthy), so we're talking once again to the mechanic working on it at the moment regarding some other things we'd like to do. I hope to have some good things to share shortly. Once again, these updates come care-of WWII FIGHTERS to all former P51 Mustang owners. This is true synergy between our products.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Bradburger wrote:
CWD wrote:You can also sort of see the windscreen flaw in that comparison, though it would be easier if the WoP model were untextured so nothing blends in.

There you go CWD. :wink:

Cheers

Paul
OK, so I was wrong. I remembered the untextured model being a darker grey...

Spilot69
Airman First Class

Post by Spilot69 »

Also the intake right below the propeller in the real a/c is has a nice curve to it and the cowling is not flat like it is on the WOP this would be great to update.

Compare these intakes and you can see what I mean.

Adam

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”