Mitsubishi A6M5 "Zero" Screenshots

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Mitsubishi A6M5 "Zero" Screenshots

Post by Scott - A2A »

Last edited by Scott - A2A on 26 Jun 2006, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Very Nice! It'll fit well with my Golden Hawaii :)
Snuffy

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

"Ah....." :D

DeignLian
Airman

Post by DeignLian »

Awesome. This will be a grand addition to my Japanese Midway carriers from Team KBT.

Akira
Airman First Class

Post by Akira »

thats one of my favorite plane in WW2!

Talos2005
Senior Airman

Post by Talos2005 »

Hi Scott!

She is really looking nice.

But, I am a little bit disappointed with your Type selection.
Why A6M5(Model52)?

We cannot use this type with KBT Midway scenery because A6M2b(Model_21)is the right one.
A6M3 (Model_32--Hamp and Model_22) was widely used in Rabaul.

Sorry for nitpicking, I am maybe too critical.
Also, have you received any suggestions from reliable Japanese nationals(researchers)?
I hope this could be the case because this could prevent various strange mistakes due to relying on only some restored Zeros available in the U.S.
They are not necessarily 100% authentic from WoP view points.
If you think seriously the quality you seek, I strongly recommend to ask advices from some Japanese experts if possible.
I do not like to see yours would be like some IL-2/PF Japanese aircraft completely ignoring its nationals' constructive suggestions.

Kind Regards,

dj51d
Senior Airman

Post by dj51d »

Actually I think the A6M5 was an excellent choice. The only Zero still flying with the original Nakajima Sakae engine is the A6M5 operated by the Planes Of Fame air museum. So there is an excellent resource available for pilots current in the type and(hopefully) sounds.
Dan Johnson

Talos2005
Senior Airman

Post by Talos2005 »

dj51d

I agree with you if we model a currently flyable A6M5. Certainly, Yes.

The problem is to much extent "Planes of Fame" one is reliable as a resource to emulate the original state of A6M5 with IJN.
Not from FM points of view, but Modeling points, I stress.

Just copying "Planes of Fame" exactly does not represent the real A6M5 with IJN condition.
What I concern is how much Shockwave people could rely on the original (not U.S.) sources to construct this model.
So far, I saw many FS or CFS Zero models non-Japanese western people made and found various strange mistakes avoidable if they rely on Japanese ducuments, sources and suggestions from the native researchers.
I earnestly wish Shockwave team not to get into the same trap considering their superb modeling skills.

Kind Regards,
Last edited by Talos2005 on 08 Apr 2006, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

dj51d
Senior Airman

Post by dj51d »

Talos2005 wrote: Just copying "Planes of Fame" exactly does not represent the real A6M5 with IJN condition.
What I concern is how much Shockwave people could rely on the original (not U.S.) sources to construct this model.
Excellent point. I expect that Shockwave used the best available resources. I have no idea what is available in Japan, often for US types copies of the original factory drawings can be obtained from the National Archives.

I'm not sure to what extent originality was a concern in the POF's restoration, it is a 1970s restoration and the trend we see to more and more originality in restorations didn't start untill the late 1990s. I do know of two specific points where the POF deviated from original; a number of US type instruments are fitted and the original rudder bar was replaced with a pivoting setup from the Sea Fury.
Dan Johnson

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Please be specific about any errors made in the past.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CWOJackson
Senior Airman

Post by CWOJackson »

Scott - Shockwave wrote:Please be specific about any errors made in the past.
Well, there is the problem with telling our wives that you've released a new package.

Actually, I'm retired and fortunately married to a wonderful woman who doesn't begrudge me induling this hobby...but she has started asking who this "Scott" person is.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

hehe with as much as I've gotten into this and talking to my wife about what is going on and showing her pictures she is begining to know some of the forum names pretty well. Like I can say Scott and she knows who I'm talking about... lol* She still doesn't know about me buying this new one yet though

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

Talos2005 wrote:dj51d

I agree with you if we model a currently flyable A6M5. Certainly, Yes.

The problem is to much extent "Planes of Fame" one is reliable as a resource to emulate the original state of A6M5 with IJN.
Not from FM points of view, but Modeling points, I stress.

Just copying "Planes of Fame" exactly does not represent the real A6M5 with IJN condition.
So far, I saw many FS or CFS Zero models non-Japanese western people made and found various strange mistakes avoidable if they rely on Japanese ducuments, sources and suggestions from the native researchers.
I earnestly wish Shockwave team not to get into the same trap considering their superb modeling skills.

Kind Regards,
We did not use the Planes of Fame aircraft as a resource for the visual model. In fact it was never considered, as our modeler resides in Europe and the trip was a bit too far to be practicable.

However, this plane and its pilot were used as a resource in developing the flight model, as our flight modeling team is located very close to the Air Museum. :D

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

My wife just found out I've ordered the WWII Fighters package...and was she upset. :D That darned credit card statement came in before we've left for MAAM. :cry: But wait till she sees what I get while I'm there. LOL I just hope Bill has the Avenger finished.

Anyone wanna buy a couple of small dogs? :wink: LOL
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

Hey GT182

I emailed Bill about the Avenger and he said that it will not be ready for the show. There have been some illnesses among a couple of the team members so work has been on hold. He said they are getting back to normal and should get back to work on it soon after the show. He said it will be ready later this year. They will have an update to the DC3 ready though. It will be availible on CD at the show or as a download for folks that can't make it.
Well have fun at the show, looks like I'll have to miss it this year. Maybe next year.

Hawk

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”