Supermarine "Spitfire" Mk1a Screenshots

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Supermarine "Spitfire" Mk1a Screenshots

Post by Scott - A2A »

SPITFIRE IN DEVELOPMENT:

Stay tuned for more screenshots and info to come.
Last edited by Scott - A2A on 03 Jun 2006, 20:34, edited 2 times in total.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Now I can populate some of my British Airfields with true British Aircraft besides the Lancaster!
Snuffy

Smokin256
BDG

Post by Smokin256 »

Looks beautiful! So Scott, Can you send the cockpit modeler on over to Battle of Britain II now that this is done. We sure could use his talents over there! :)

Cheers..............Smokin256
Last edited by Smokin256 on 07 Apr 2006, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Akira
Airman First Class

Post by Akira »

see. its the best choise before Oleg's BOB.

Smokin256
BDG

Post by Smokin256 »

Oh, I don't have a whole lot of hope for Olegs BoB. I realized long ago that his philosophy of game design and mine don't exactly mesh. I'm sure it will have no end of whiz-bang technologies. It will have "the most advanced sound system of any sim. Be sure!" :roll: But it will have no soul. And it will be as boring and sterile as a seed catalog. Mark my words. I hope like hell that I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

I agree with Smokin256.

While the IL2 series of sims have had some excellently modelled technical features they have NEVER EVER had any soul. The campaign in BoB/WoV has far more soul and immersion. Oleg keeps adding extra flyables and maps for the never satisfied online crowd. The vast majority of offliners get largely ignored with mediocrel AI and by far the worst mission/ dynamic campaign structure ever to grace ANY combat sim.

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

Do you fracking know how many Spits I have on my Hard Drive right now?!?!? I need this one. *grin*

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

My UBIsoft and Maddox products have been swept from my hard drive years ago ... I still have the plastic on the shelf covered in dust, but it'll be a cold day in hell before they see any harddrive space from me again.
Snuffy

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

-E wrote:Do you fracking know
Easy there Apollo..... :P

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

ICDP wrote:mediocrel AI and by far the worst mission/ dynamic campaign structure ever to grace ANY combat sim.
If it's worse than CFS-3, then it's REALLY gotta be bad.... :twisted:

alcora
Airman Basic

Post by alcora »

There is one thing that bothers me. The landing gears need more details. At the moment they look rather simple if you compare them to P-47, for example (see the high-res screenshots). Otherwise the model looks great!

CWOJackson
Senior Airman

Post by CWOJackson »

Smokin256 wrote:Oh, I don't have a whole lot of hope for Olegs BoB. I realized long ago that his philosophy of game design and mine don't exactly mesh. I'm sure it will have no end of whiz-bang technologies. It will have "the most advanced sound system of any sim. Be sure!" :roll: But it will have no soul. And it will be as boring and sterile as a seed catalog. Mark my words. I hope like hell that I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

I never could understand the mindset at 1C. Stunning visual models and abismal (standalone) playability. Couple that with product support through a hostile fan forum and the Pacific Fighters fiasco, I don't see a bright future on their horizon. I only hope, for the sake of PC (combat) flight simming, that they look beyond their small but vocal fan base and put some real effort into making a playable standalone product.

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

Panther_99FS wrote:
-E wrote:Do you fracking know
Easy there Apollo..... :P
Back off Baltar, I only turn my TV on for 3 hours a week and only then for a few months at a time. Now get back to work on your detector. *grin*

AC
A2A First Lieutenant

Post by AC »

CWOJackson wrote:
Smokin256 wrote:Oh, I don't have a whole lot of hope for Olegs BoB. I realized long ago that his philosophy of game design and mine don't exactly mesh. I'm sure it will have no end of whiz-bang technologies. It will have "the most advanced sound system of any sim. Be sure!" :roll: But it will have no soul. And it will be as boring and sterile as a seed catalog. Mark my words. I hope like hell that I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

I never could understand the mindset at 1C. Stunning visual models and abismal (standalone) playability. Couple that with product support through a hostile fan forum and the Pacific Fighters fiasco, I don't see a bright future on their horizon. I only hope, for the sake of PC (combat) flight simming, that they look beyond their small but vocal fan base and put some real effort into making a playable standalone product.
In all fairness , I heard that when Pacific Fighters was being developed there were only three people and Oleg on the staff, and he had some kind of personal problem that kept him from working full time.

Only one of those three was developing Pacific Fighters,

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

What was the Pacific Fighters fiasco? Was it released unplayable/broken? (I've thought about getting it from time to time)

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”