WWII fighters install into FSX

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: WWII fighters install into FSX

Post by Skycat »

Yes, the WWII Fighters Special Edition CD models are the same as the SOLO download models.

There were some updates for the CD (not long after the CD was released) that patched minor issues and/or improved the flight models of each plane. The CD update is for both FS9 or FSX.

The SOLO versions probably come with the improvements from the CD's v1.2 patch but I don't know for sure.

More recently, A2A recompiled the old FS9 models for WWII Fighters/ WoP2 Mustang, Thunderbolt, Spitfire and Bf109 to make them truly FSX quality. The FSX patches will work with either the CD version of the planes or the SOLO versions. I do not think the fixes from the CD upgrade patch is included in the FSX patches.

My approach, every time I reinstall WWII Fighters from the CD into FSX+Acceleration, is to apply the 1.2 upgrade patch and then the four FSX patches (one for each of the above aircraft). The FSX patches will not work in FS9.

Adding for George's latest post: Select A). The other option is for the earlier version of the CD that was sold in the UK. The US version was v1.1 and was one of the very first addons (if not THE first!) available for FSX when FSX was released.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

I'm assuming you are referring to here for four particular FSX airplane patches,after I get the v1.2 upgrade installed correct?.

Product updates, patches and extras

At A2A simulations we are very proud of our forums which have bloomed into a great community of like minded people. We like to use our forums for the majority of our support and all the latest news and updates can found within them. We encourage all of our customers to sign up to our forums for quick support.

Nevertheless to help you find your update we have compiled this list of links, direct to the updates. If your product is not listed then an update is not availible.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X;

A2A Wings of Power 3 Spitfire/P-40/P51 Accu-sim - v1.4 Accu-sim CORE update

A2A Wings of Power 3 Spitfire (without Accu-sim) - Two blade Prop fix

A2A B377 Captain of the Ship - COTS v.1.1 Update

A2A Accu-sim B-17G - Accu-Sim Update v.1.1

A2A Wings of Silver Piper Cub - v1.1 update + hotfix

A2A Wings of Power III P-47D - v1.1 update

A2A Wings of Silver Boeing 377 Stratocruiser - Service Pack 1 + Hotfix for non FSX Acceleration users

A2A Wings of Power II P-51D Mustang - FSX Patch

A2A Wings of Power II Spitfire MkI - FSX Patch

A2A Wings of Power II Bf109e - FSX Patch

A2A Wings of Power II P-47D - FSX Patch

THX

George Kuhn

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

I now have the v1.2 update installed

I also have the fix installed for each of the four planes.I noticed two of the four fix's appear to have added the necessary aircraft.cfg/panel.cfg entries if I selected it,that I had the 3D Lights Redux.I do have the 3D Lights.I forgot which two it was that asked me if I wanted it entered,which I said yes.
The other two planes fix installer didn't mention anything about the 3D Lights etc.

Is there another area somewhere here in the forums,that have the required/necessary .cfg entries for the 3D Lights Redux of the other two planes?.

I guess I could ask.Where can I find any or all .cfg entries,for all the A2A planes only for now,weather boxed version planes packages or solo planes?.

George Kuhn
Last edited by George Kuhn on 22 Sep 2012, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Try this: look under A2A Simulations.

I don't know if some of the entries predate the FSX patches?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

I got the info about the .cfg info for the 3D Lights etc.

Now I'm getting down to the paints for the planes in my WWII Fighters.

I do see numerous paints for the four different planes in the WWII Fighters boxed version.I do also see paints in the accu-sim forums topic,for the solo planes.

So.I want to ask.Which aircraft paints do I need to stay away from,or won't work on the WWII Fighters Boxed version planes,weather it be paints I see here in the forums,or on numerous other websites?.

THX

George Kuhn

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

All paints for the Bf109 should be compatible, since A2A made one model.

The Spitfire should also be easy to figure out the correct repaints for because the description for them should include "WWII Fighters" or "Wings of Power II" in the description. Avoid paints for "AccuSim" or "Wings of Power III," obviously.

The Thunderbolt might be trickier because there was the FS9 pack before WWII Fighters and I don't know if the two are compatible. There might be some trial and error involved. The newest Wings of Power III/Accusim skins are not compatible with the WWII Fighters version though.

The Mustang skins will probably be the most difficult to sort out because there was the FS9 pack before WWII Fighters, and the two versions have different models. I also discovered that some of the texture downloads I found were incomplete and that the user must copy additional textures into the repaint folder from the default paint to make them work correctly.

I seem to have lost most of my WoPII repaints collection (maybe they're on my old external harddrive, packed away in a box). However, I do have a listing of zip files I downloaded for the Mustang and I guess I liked the repaints enough to keep them. I probably got most or all of them at Simviation, and it looks like most or all are by Jan Kees. Perhaps this will help you in your search:

339th.zip
JK_P51_E2A.zip
JK_P51_FSX_G4O.zip
JK_P51_FSX_KIS.zip
JK_P51_FSX_PEJ.zip
JK_P51_WeeWillII.zip
JK_P-51D_6N-D_Lucky_Boy.zip
JK_P-51D_6N-E_Imogene.zip
JK_P-51D_6N-H_Chute.zip
JK_P-51D_B6-EQX.zip
JK_P-51D_C5-LUX.zip
JK_P51D_kelly_kid.zip

Sorry, I don't have any previews or links.

Edit: repasting file names into search engine says I got them from Sim-Outhouse.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”