AccuSim menus & changing FOV?

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
PlusP
Airman Basic

AccuSim menus & changing FOV?

Post by PlusP »

I don't run FSX very often as I am usually flying around in IL2 or Falcon. I recently stumbled upon WWII fighters & I thought it would be awesome to get a more realistic flying experience out of these planes in FSX, so I picked it up. Unfortunately, I am having a couple of problems that I am sure are easy to remedy.

1.) How do I select the AccuSim menus?
For example, when would I be able to access the Loadout/Fuel Menu? None of the menus ever come up. Do I need to do something from the FSX Flight Planning menus or can I do it after my plane loads up on the parking area or runway? The PDF manual shows that the commands are listed as Shift+2-7. Do I need to map the Shift buttons in the FSX controls menu? My FSX controls are mostly default, btw.

2.) How do I change my FOV in the virtual cockpit?
I am not sure how to change my FOV in the virtual cockpit. Is it done with the "shift eyepoint" controls in the FSX menu? I use TrackIr & my viewpoint won't move when TrackIr is running. I can look around & lean forward & back & such. The problem is that I am WAY to forward by default. The FOV is way up close to the gunsight on the Jug. The 109 shows a bit more cockpit but I have to look down at my gauges a lot more than I like. Plus, takeoffs are a nightmare. I have turn my head big-time to see out the side of the cockpit to make sure I am going straight. I wasn't sweating the FOV very much until I saw some WWII Fighters videos. The FOV's in the virtual cockpits in the videos was quite a bit further back...more like the Wide-FOV cockpits in IL2.

I apologize for having to ask these simple questions as I am sure this is common knowledge for most of you. I did search the forums at length but have not had much luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: AccuSim menus & changing FOV?

Post by Skycat »

AccuSim is not available for any of the aircraft on the WWII Fighters CD. Basically, the WWII Fighters CD aircraft (and the SOLO line of downloads, for that matter) are the Wings of Power II generation for FS9 and FSX. The AccuSim line was initiated much later.

The new AccuSim line--of which there are only four aircraft: the Boeing Stratocruiser, the Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress, the Piper Cub and the "Wings of Power 3" Republic P-47 Thunderbolt--are later generation models for FSX only. The AccuSim features are separate expansion packs for each of these payware models; in other words you'd have to buy the B-17G base model and also the AccuSim expansion pack for that model.

For your WWII Fighters CD aircraft, you'll have to control the fuel quantities from either the setup menu when you choose your aircraft/location/time/season, or through the in-game menu. You can access the in-game menu by pressing the ALT key. After that, Aircraft--> Fuel and Payload.

FOV can be changed with the - and + keys on the main keyboard. Some cockpits may zoom back further than others by design, however.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”