Texture Display Question

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
MarvK
Airman First Class

Texture Display Question

Post by MarvK »

Two weeks into my new build, and I’m trying to get everything installed and back to the way I had working before. Aside from a few controller issues, it’s going good.

One thing I can’t figure out, is displaying the high polished textures. Example; CDFI’s P-51 repaints. Those that have the highly reflective metal finish, show up as a gray, dark gray color. The reflections are there, but it’s not the mirror finish as I had before. Clearly there is something that I have not set correct. I went from a GT 9600 512K graphics card to a GTX 1060 with 6G of ram.

I use nVidia inspector and have it set up as before. Latest drivers too. FSX is of course 32bit, but was developed under DirectX 9.0. Now I have DirectX 10. Could that be the difference? I would’ve thought others would have the same issue.

Grasping at straws here..... :?

Marv

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Texture Display Question

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Marv,

Congratulations on your new build! You did not mentioned your other PC parameters, but if I were you I would consider moving to P3D v4.4
It is the future of FSX being a 64-bit sim already. I know there is a financial side of this decision, especially after a new PC build, but still I believe this is the next step.

On the texture question, did you install the latest Accu-Sim update from Feb. 4th 2019?
Also if you happen to run FSX Steam, I have found a post, where
FSX file check from steam is run to check game file integrity.

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”