Plane mechanic simulator

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Plane mechanic simulator

Post by Alfredson007 »

Okay i know technically this should be on "other sim news" forum but since it's not a flight sim and most would miss it..

Anyway, the game is released, and it's a bargain, i personally got it for little over 4 euros! You can repair planes like Tiger Moth and Mk1 Spitfire, the modeling seems superb and very detailed. It's on Steam.

This is not an advertisement, but just a friendly suggestion, i think many would find this game awesome, i know i did...

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Plane mechanic simulator

Post by AKar »

Now they only need to make a Maintenance Manager Simulator to kill all the remaining I-wish-glory of the aviation! :mrgreen: (I think they did an airline manager 'sim' already.) It would be a great shot of Dilbert...
  • — (pilot) Oh I think I didn't mention the fault indication did happen earlier, when I was yanking the controls; I thought it was just me fooling around and that it wasn't important! I was absolutely certain it was not related as there were no notes nor cautions about it.

— (mechanic) I replaced the valve and it cleared the fault. I must have done that four times in a row to that specific airframe - must be some piece-of-?()^ valves!

— (accountant) I note that your overtime figures are above-budget at the same time our technical delays peaked. Please explain to me why we do have all these unscheduled technical issues even if doing such overtime.

— (a head-of) Please come into my office. [door slams] Now you stop calling people names, you hear me!!
And so on. Oh my I would love it. :D

-Esa

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I watched some of the videos and I like the concept. I'll keep it in mind for the next Steam sale.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its on my steam wishlist along with Tank mechanic hehe 8) 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Its on my steam wishlist along with Tank mechanic hehe 8) 8)
Ouch. Once, when I was a tank crewman, I had to help the mechanics pull the pack (remove the engine) on the M60A1. It was not a pleasant job and I'm glad I wasn't a full time tanker.

In order to properly simulate being a tanker you need to turn on the air conditioner in winter, the heater in summer, sleep in your wall locker (no more than 4 hours in 24 and not necessarily all in a row), climb on top of your desktop to use your computer, never bathe, eat nothing but prepackaged meals, stack and unstack heavy boxes to and from the desktop (to simulate humping ammo) and as a bonus if it is wartime run without battery backup on your computer. This doesn't simulate the dirt, the smells, and the extremely loud noises but it's still the most fun you will ever have. :)

Hook

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Being stuck at home for the indefinite future, I bought this on Steam last week. It's actually an addictive game. I usually complete four or five "missions" in a sitting.

So far I'm only entrusted with the Tiger Moth. The first few missions (work order taskings) are tutorial and then you're essentially on your own to complete tasks. Most missions are repetitive in some way (check the undercarriage and refuel the plane) but then a complex task will come up like "the engine is running rough, determine the cause" and you'll have the whole engine dismantled before you discover two spark plugs, a piston ring and a valve need to be replaced. There is also occasional bird or battle damage to repair.

The gameplay takes a little getting used to but once you master its intricacies and quirks, Plane Mechanic Simulator is an engaging diversion.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

It still says early access. Is it still incomplete? Bugs?

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Squawk: Number two engine missing.

Mechanic: Number two engine found on right wing after brief search.

:D

Hook

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

They have it also at Good Old Games too.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

AviationAtWar wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 11:10 It still says early access. Is it still incomplete? Bugs?
I bought it assuming development had been abandoned (the project's Facebook page has practically fallen silent). The developers released an update in February that adds a hangar, changing weather. and time of day that matches your computer's clock. And I just noticed at Steam Community the developers are saying a new build has been approved and will be released soon. So far I haven't encountered any major bugs.

I don't know what they intend as "complete" since I haven't seen list of projected aircraft. So far I feel I've gotten my $12 buck's worth -- and I'm kind of a curmudgeon when it comes to games. I'm also not mechanically inclined so I wouldn't have thought I'd enjoy this as much as I have. It's a different experience than flight simulators.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Thanks. It looks like it's worth $12 to me. I'll check it out.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”