Dream of flying

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Dream of flying

Post by Skycat »

Have you ever literally dreamed you are flying an A2A aircraft? I did last night... sort of...

In my dream I was at an actual airport but I also knew I was inside FSX world. An A2A P-51D was waiting outside the terminal. I wanted to jump in and fly away, but there were so many repaints to choose from first! I would grab a new repaint file from a briefcase in the terminal, run out to the Mustang, climb into the cockpit and load the repaint file. But then I'd have to jump out and admire the new livery for a moment with canopy forward then canopy slid back. "Gotta load another one!" I'd think, and off I'd go back into the terminal to choose another repaint.

The first couple were standard WWII schemes but then I started choosing things like "the official Jimi Hendrix 1970 tour of India" theme with "alternate Western textures." But airport security (or maybe the US Marshalls) were closing in fast with flashing lights on their cars and I knew I had to escape. Alas, the ground handling in FSX was so awful I couldn't taxi the Mustang correctly and I got stuck in a random hill next to the terminal.

Strange, huh?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Re: Dream of flying

Post by wblackret »

Hey Skycat, vodka will do that! My dream involved the J3 Cub, just took off from PAKT, at a little over 2,500 ft., where Heidi made a pass at me (guess it would have been the half mile-high club we joined).
Anyway, dumped the rest of the vodka down the drain (or did I)!

Cheers!
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”