Pre-Flight Walkaround in VR?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
fabs79
Airman

Pre-Flight Walkaround in VR?

Post by fabs79 »

Hi,

I recently had to give up my small GA homecockpit because we needed my hobby room for our second child - now I only have a tiny place in the attic to set up my sim so I decided to go for a Oculus Rift VR headset instead. And despite its shortcomings like lower resolution, image clarity and performance issues, I´m still quite happy with the feeling of immersion it provides, especially high quality addons like the A2A aircraft really shine in VR. A cool feature is that I can use P3D´s Avatar mode to get out of the cockpit and switch to a first person view, so I can really walk around the parked aircraft like in a real-life preflight check. Now I was wondering if it would be technically possible to provide an option for VR users to perform the walkaround this way, like by adding clickspots to certain parts of the exterior model (oil valves, tires, flaps...) instead of clicking through different views like it is done at the moment. I know VR users are probably a small minority, but I really think it would add to the immersion if the walkaround could be done that way.

Cheers, Fabian

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”