Install issue (DirectX)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
WGMD
Airman

Install issue (DirectX)

Post by WGMD »

Folks, hi!
After installing a new 1TB SSD, I completely re-installed P3D v4.4 incl. all add-on's. For your info: I'm running W10, DirectX 12 installed.

All my A2A add-on's are coming to a full stop when installing when the A2A install program is finished and the system starts looking to Microsoft's DirectX or whatsoever (in the separate pop-up window). The system reply is 'not possible, try later' or something.
When used earlier on my old SSD (also a clean install) the A2A installation was no problem at all.

FYI: before installing P3D and A2A on the new SSD I removed all P3D and A2A traces I could find in this PC.
One more to clarify: cancelling this MS DirectX option will result in an A2A error message (update not ok). The add-on DOES appear working in P3D however no rain effects etc..

Any clue?

Thx for your input!
Willem

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Install issue (DirectX)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Willem,

Please can you just confirm if you've downloaded the new installers for the P3D v4 Accu-Sim products? (More info here.)

In any case, it may be worth checking your internet connection, and that anti-virus software or a firewall isn't interfering with the Microsoft DirectX web installer. This sounds like the message you'd see if your network connection wasn't active. A similar issue could prevent the updater tool from downloading the latest updates including the windshield rain effects.

Thanks,
Nick

WGMD
Airman

Post by WGMD »

Thx Nick!

Yep, I'm using the new installers, great stuff! And yesterday I had the impression just like you, that the anti-virus was blocking the DirectX pop-up. Consequently I retried while the anti-virus was de-activated. No success unfortunately.

Based upon yr remark this time I de-activated the whole security suite, a bit scary but anyhow. Guess what? Bingo!
It seems that Bitdefender (normally speaking an install-and-forget suite, offering rocksolid protection) is getting really nerveous about this.
So, problem solved. Again, thx a mill man.

Although a bit early, allow me to wish you and all folks at A2A a great holiday season: cheers!
Willem

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Willem,

You're welcome and thanks for posting back with the update. Yes, anti-virus software can be tricky and although we've done all we can to minimise potential for false positive detection (for example, using digitally signed installers and code modules) there's always the risk of issues like the one you encountered. In testing, Bitdefender did prove to be the most aggressive AV engine for sure. There's actually some discussion of the software here.

Anyway, glad to hear that you've successfully installed and updated, and best wishes to you too! :)

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”