X plane?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: X plane?

Post by DHenriques_ »

cessna lover wrote:well this will be my new flying computer. this is what DELL suggested for me. https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/cty/pdp ... pcwscr803h should do pretty good huh?
If you are going to spend this much money don't buy a Dell. Call Jetline Systems, ask for Greg. They will build you a top line system specially designed for flight simulation. Trust me, there isn't a better system on the planet.
I use Jetline exclusively as do many others associated with A2A.
With Jetline you not only get the computer but you get LIFETIME FREE SUPPORT a phone call away where you can speak to the tech who built your system if need be.
I can't recommend these people highly enough.
Dudley Henriques

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
cessna lover wrote:well this will be my new flying computer. this is what DELL suggested for me. https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/cty/pdp ... pcwscr803h should do pretty good huh?
If you are going to spend this much money don't buy a Dell. Call Jetline Systems, ask for Greg. They will build you a top line system specially designed for flight simulation. Trust me, there isn't a better system on the planet.
With Jetline you not only get the computer but you get LIFETIME FREE SUPPORT a phone call away where you can speak to the tech who built your system if need be.
Dudley Henriques
Don't beat around the bush Dudley, are they any GOOD?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

yeah but I was able to finance the DELL. I just hope my 2 cd's for FSX will work??? plus my A2A stuff.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Alienware is good. I have an Area-51. I got tired of the Too Cheap Hardware errors. It was expensive but you find out it was worth it. Dudley's suggestion should also work.

I strongly suggest you upgrade to a larger SSD. Not for FSX or whatever, but because there are things that only install on C: drive and eventually you'll start running out of room with 128. I don't have anything installed on my C: drive that I don't have to and my free space varies from 25 to 40 gig. I only got it up to 40 by a lot of work, although it started higher.. A Windows update will eat a lot of that.

Hook

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Hook wrote:Alienware is good. I have an Area-51. I got tired of the Too Cheap Hardware errors. It was expensive but you find out it was worth it. Dudley's suggestion should also work.

I strongly suggest you upgrade to a larger SSD. Not for FSX or whatever, but because there are things that only install on C: drive and eventually you'll start running out of room with 128. I don't have anything installed on my C: drive that I don't have to and my free space varies from 25 to 40 gig. I only got it up to 40 by a lot of work, although it started higher.. A Windows update will eat a lot of that.

Hook
if you are talking about the hard drive in the new computer it is a 2TB hard drive. and I got my old one working again for now. I got every thing saved on it to. my log books and every thing for the A2A planes.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Ron Attwood wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Dudley Henriques
Don't beat around the bush Dudley, are they any GOOD?
Over time I've had Dell, then several custom made computers by Microcenter made locally, then finally my Jetline. I'll never own any other computer but Jetline. Never had a single glitch. Runs the sim like butter.
DH

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

cessna lover wrote:if you are talking about the hard drive in the new computer it is a 2TB hard drive.
I am talking about the C: drive, SSD = solid state drive. Unfortunately the default 128 gig is too small for the real world. The hard drive shouldn't be a problem.

Hook

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

well I had my dell for 6+ years now. and I like dell they are good. plus I have 4 years of free support. but no one seems to be answering my question of will FSX and the A2A stuff work on windows 10? I still have the cd's for FSX and all my A2A aircraft.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Hook wrote:
cessna lover wrote:if you are talking about the hard drive in the new computer it is a 2TB hard drive.
I am talking about the C: drive, SSD = solid state drive. Unfortunately the default 128 gig is too small for the real world. The hard drive shouldn't be a problem.

Hook

oh ok. well I won't know till it gets here

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”