X plane?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: X plane?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

CessnaSkypilotN7365W wrote:old issues, old wishes, old excuses.

I have myself put off going to X-Plane for the simple fact that no matter who builds the platform, default planes suck, and I can't take my A2A plane with me.
For some unknown reason in this new age of flight simming, big expositions, conferences, and a community that spans the globe, Laminar Research and A2A refuse to be locked in a room together until they resolve their differences and act like they are both fighting for the good of the community, a common goal, and get their ?()^ together. Apparently LR does not see all of us die-hard A2A fans out here patiently waiting for the day we can fly our planes on their platform. Or we drop dead from holding our breath, whichever comes first. Guess they don't realize how many of us there are out here looking in and waiting, or they simply don't give a damn. Me personally, I refuse to give my money to a company not in it for the whole.

And A2A please save your breath explaining the problem. Blah, blah, blah. WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES! :evil: :evil:

jmho

Roger
Hello Roger,

I am not sure where you have gotten these ideas from but there is nothing like this at all. In fact Scott regularly meets with Austin at the fs conventions and ive had some contact with the LR team over the years. It's simply that we have been developing for a different platform. Similar to how XP developers done suddenly release a P3D or FSX product, or why ford factory doesnt produce a VW car.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Personally, I'm waiting for the World of Warcraft Spitfire I & II... watch out you evil Orcs!!!!!!!!!!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

the only reason I brought this up was is because I seen a video for some scenery and the X plane scenery seems to look better. but I agree where A2A goes I will follow. I love there aircraft.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I made my decision ten years ago. FSX with A2A won. I need X Plane now, like I need a hole drilled in my head. (did that too but not by choice, 32 years ago)

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

ditto!

As far as the hole, What I have is a very slow leak much like that of an old balloon. S-l-o-w-l-y g-o-i-n-g f-l-a-t.....

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

cessna lover wrote:the only reason I brought this up was is because I seen a video for some scenery and the X plane scenery seems to look better. but I agree where A2A goes I will follow. I love there aircraft.
+1 for that. I'm a bit miffed though. Still waiting for TrueEarth for the UK in P3D.
CessnaSkypilotN7365W wrote:As far as the hole, What I have is a very slow leak much like that of an old balloon. S-l-o-w-l-y g-o-i-n-g f-l-a-t.....
Sounds nasty. :shock:

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

LMAO! :lol:

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Go for it. Why limit yourself to only 1 sim. I use fsx p3d and xplane 11. They all have different strengths which means I win
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I tried both when XP11 came out, wasn't wowed by the supposedly-superior physics. Maybe it was just a crappy default aircraft. The lack of addon scenery and weather at the time was also a factor. A2A offers the most realistic alternative to real flight, so I chose P3D, not gonna second-guess myself now. I limit myself to one sim and one aircraft maker simply because I'm flying a simulation. Changing sims or aircraft developers completely changes the flight model/engine physics, and not in a pleasant way. The others become a game in comparison. I won't change it up just because XP happens to be prettier or another developer happens to offer a really sweet big radial fighter. Wait, maybe if I threaten to leave, A2A will finally make a Grumman cat... Nah! :mrgreen:

monica6211
Staff Sergeant

Post by monica6211 »

patful wrote:I tried both when XP11 came out, wasn't wowed by the supposedly-superior physics. Maybe it was just a crappy default aircraft. The lack of addon scenery and weather at the time was also a factor. A2A offers the most realistic alternative to real flight, so I chose P3D, not gonna second-guess myself now. I limit myself to one sim and one aircraft maker simply because I'm flying a simulation. Changing sims or aircraft developers completely changes the flight model/engine physics, and not in a pleasant way. The others become a game in comparison. I won't change it up just because XP happens to be prettier or another developer happens to offer a really sweet big radial fighter. Wait, maybe if I threaten to leave, A2A will finally make a Grumman cat... Nah! :mrgreen:

Before I begin, I just want to make it clear that I am in no way trying to sway anyone over to X-Plane. I have X-Plane and FSX/P3D and will no doubt keep all of them for as long as I continue to fly. Each has their pros and cons, making it very hard to switch to just one. But I do have a few comments I would like to make about this post.

When I first started flying in X-Plane, I also wasn't "wowed" by the physics. But I have never been satisfied with P3D's physics either. XP's is different, but not 100% accurate, but neither is P3D's.

There are TONS of freeware addons for XP, and it is easier to make addons for it. ALOT of the freeware addon scenery is just as good if not better than alot of the payware available for P3D.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Changing sims or aircraft developers completely changes the flight model/engine physics". But if I understand what you are saying, this happens within each of the sims anyway.

A Grumman Cat? Which one? I personally would love to see the Tigercat or bearcat....But I'd rather see a Lancaster!

As I said above, I am not trying to sway anyone over to XP. I do have XP and P3D and can't give up either. I could write a book as to why, but it really doesn't matter. I just see it as another option for simmers. I can't say which is better, which is worse. I do have other addons in P3D that I don't want to be without, not just A2A. But there is no way in h... I can live without my A2A!!!
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

monica6211 wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "Changing sims or aircraft developers completely changes the flight model/engine physics". But if I understand what you are saying, this happens within each of the sims anyway.

A Grumman Cat? Which one? I personally would love to see the Tigercat or bearcat....But I'd rather see a Lancaster!
Accusim in P3D guarantees a consistency, a feel, in each of their aircraft, we know what to expect. Jump in another developer's aircraft, and I don't get that feel. Switch to another sim, even less of that feel. I got that way with Warbirdsim in FSX, eventually flew nothing but John's Mustangs, basically dumped all of my other aircraft purchases and freeware (at the time I still hadn't bought anything A2A other than Accu-Feel, which worked quite well with WBSim). If A2A were to start developing for XP, then I might consider a switch down the road. Waaaay down the road. I'm poor. Glad to see ActiveSky XP was finally released.

As for Grumman, I'd love, in this order, Bearcat, Wildcat, and Hellcat, not really a Tigercat fan, prefer singles. A Sea Fury or Corsair are near the top of my list as well. Still have my fingers crossed that A2A reconsiders and does a major upgrade to the P-47.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

I have been an FSX pilot for years now. and still actively fly on it daily. but I do know that P3d won't work for me cause I think that's the one you have to pay a huge license fee for. xp though I think is free. but I will always fly FSX and my A2A!!! :D

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

XP Free? Not quite, XP has a home user and pro license, the home user license being about $60 and the pro being about $750.

You may be thinking Flight Gear, which is indeed free.

Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

well it don't matter which one I try at this point. my flying computer blew a CPU fan last night so I'm grounded :cry:

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Murphy's Law dude! :shock:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”