Why different license prices?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Flyer59
Airman Basic

Why different license prices?

Post by Flyer59 »

I've only been a sim flyer for a few months now and I started with FSX: Steam Edition. I assume like most newbies I wanted something nicer than the default aircraft, so I came looking to A2A and fell in love with the Accu-sim Bonanza. But it would have to wait until I could afford it.

Since then I've decided to up my game and switch from FSX to P3Dv4. I paid the extra $140.00 for a professional license since I'm not an academic student.

So I come back to buy my Accu-sim Bonanza and I see that I'm supposed to pay an extra 60+% for the same aircraft that I wanted for FSX because now I own a professional license for P3Dv4.

I don't understand why. Is the P3D professional version of the Bonanza a better aircraft compared to the FSX or P3D academic version? If not, why is it $30 more? P3D's regular license is $199. They offer a substantial discount to students. That's really not the case here or you would think there would be professional and academic versions for FSX users.

A2A has a pretty stellar reputation in the sim community, so there must be something I'm missing. If there is, and I'm off way off base with this, I apologize. I would just like to know why I have to pay more. What am I getting for my extra $30?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Why different license prices?

Post by Scott - A2A »

We follow the licensing of Lockheed Martin, but the differences aren't so steep. Lockheed charges $200 for their professional license and $60 for their academic. We only charge $30 more for professional use. For commercial use, licensing for one aircraft is around $800 with annual licensing payments.

So think of it as four tiers:

Academic
Professional
Commercial
Military

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

You should have bought the academic version.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Flyer59
Airman Basic

Post by Flyer59 »

Well, I have a pretty good idea where this thread will lead if I reply to that. So I'll just say thank you, Scott. I appreciate the explanation.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Lol
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Just think ORBX global base pack for commercial is $1,440!

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

We only charge $30 more for professional use.
Hm. So if I have Prepar3D Professional version but I'm not using it professionally...

Hook

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

I’ll bet a buffalo nickel that the majority of P3D users use it at home for Consumer Entertainment and are current and former FSX arm chair pilots and are not “Academics” or using it “Professionally”.
Last edited by jclay13 on 13 Dec 2018, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No one is asked to buy anything twice the P3D products are there own products. We simply charge per platform where as other developers have taken different routes such as charging per P3D upgrade or 32-64 etc. The cost tends to work out around the same but for us the logically move was making sure the platforms are separate as the platformed products are different and not cross compatible.

And of course with the new A2A Store we offer the loyalty program with the A2A Flying hours, earn for every $ spent and redeemable as you see fit.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”