Throttle problems with P3D aircraft

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Solareagle
Senior Airman

Throttle problems with P3D aircraft

Post by Solareagle »

I have P3D v3/4, and in both versions I am unable to get helicopters to lift off, and the engines in some of the default aircraft seem to spin up then down then up and down. Has anybody experienced this? A2A aircraft are not affected.

It seems to be related to throttle assignment, as a fresh install works OK, but as soon as I assign throttle to the throttle lever on my Saitek AV8R the issue appears. Once the issue appears its not correctable my going back to default assignments. I have to reinstall P3D.

I've had the Saitek AV8R since FS9, so I wonder if its just too old. The driver for it is dated 2008. lol
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Throttle problems with P3D aircraft

Post by n421nj »

Try using fsuipc
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Solareagle wrote:The driver for it is dated 2008. lol
Win10?

from memory, so could be slightly different: Win Control panel - devices and printers - right click on the joystick (or whatever it is) - game controller settings - single click on your joystick - properties and check your throttle axis. if it jumps then you got your answer: driver or broken.. if it's working as intended then you might be able to run it with FSUIPC, although I doubt it. normally FSUIPC just accesses default P3D functions and it's not a magic wand.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

does AV8R stand for "Aviator"? If yes, then you might try this:

http://saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

go to sticks and scroll down.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”