Super Star heading to Queens!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Potuslancer
Airman

Super Star heading to Queens!

Post by Potuslancer »

For all you Connie lovers out there! I live 10 minutes from KLEW where the restoration of these beauty’s took place. I remember seeing both Connies sitting idle for years until Lufthansa Technik bought one and was anxiously awaiting her roll out after it’s restoration but that work has stopped and the remainder of the work will be done in Germany now. But now the other is getting a new life!!!

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/10/08/ ... k-airport/

She is so beautiful! I will definitely be making reservations at the newly restored TWA terminal at KJFK to see her!
It is going to be quite an experience to say the least to stay at the hotel with the 60’s decor and all!

Check out the website as well.https://www.twahotel.com/
Potuslancer
KPWM
ImageImage
A2A aircraft: C172,C182,Cherokee,Comanche,B-17,B-377,P-51 mil.,T-6, Constellation.

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Super Star heading to Queens!

Post by patful »

As a cocktail lounge? Nope nope nope! Let her fly or die! I hate museum pieces. But a cocktail lounge? Holding hands over eyes and ears...

Potuslancer
Airman

Re: Super Star heading to Queens!

Post by Potuslancer »

patful wrote:As a cocktail lounge? Nope nope nope! Let her fly or die! I hate museum pieces. But a cocktail lounge? Holding hands over eyes and ears...
Yeah. I understand what you’re saying I guess but still gonna be nice to see her inside and taken care of and given a last chance at a new life instead of scrapped. Not many chances to see a super star these days.
Potuslancer
KPWM
ImageImage
A2A aircraft: C172,C182,Cherokee,Comanche,B-17,B-377,P-51 mil.,T-6, Constellation.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”