ORBX Question

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

ORBX Question

Post by DatDudeMIC »

I plan on buying my 1st ORBX Europe region in a couple of days. My processor is only @ 2.6 ghz. Does anyone know of a region and maybe a couple of airports that are easy on frames?
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

Yo2slick
Airman

Re: ORBX Question

Post by Yo2slick »

I believe the regions will hit FPS pretty decent. I have all of the base products, open Lc and a few regions. The regions when you get anywhere near a city will drop your FPS pretty good, especially Southern California. Im running 4.7Ghz and LAX taxes my system pretty good.
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Have you tried the PNW demo Orbx offers? It'll give you a good idea how your system will handle the regions. And off course as Yo2slick stated once you get to populated areas the frames will take a big hit.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

No experience with European products, but the larger cities will have a big hit on performance unless you turn down your settings. Their New Zealand offerings, however, do great since the cities are relatively small. Only Christchurch and Auckland show any real FPS drop on my computer.
Last edited by patful on 26 Sep 2018, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

What kind of video card are you running? My old computer had an AMD 2.8 GHz processor and a NVIDIA 640 card. I could run the North American regions (PNW, Northern Rocky Mountains, etc.), but even away from major metropolitan areas my FPSs were usually in the low 20s and I had most of the graphics settings set fairly low.

DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Post by DatDudeMIC »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Have you tried the PNW demo Orbx offers? It'll give you a good idea how your system will handle the regions. And off course as Yo2slick stated once you get to populated areas the frames will take a big hit.
I have the PNW region. All does well except when flying close/thru the Seattle Class B. Frames go way down inside Seattle
ClipperLuna wrote:What kind of video card are you running? My old computer had an AMD 2.8 GHz processor and a NVIDIA 640 card. I could run the North American regions (PNW, Northern Rocky Mountains, etc.), but even away from major metropolitan areas my FPSs were usually in the low 20s and I had most of the graphics settings set fairly low.
My Video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 980M. The Northern, Central Rocky Mountains doesn't take my FPS down hardly.
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”