Reality XP V1 and V2

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
85chevy4x4
Airman

Reality XP V1 and V2

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

I'm wondering if anyone has had the RXP V1 and V2 GNS Units installed on their computer at the same time? When V2 came out, I bought it but I read that if you have them both installed at the same time, there can be conflicts. And because A2A wasn't set up for V2, I never installed it. Plus I did the thing where you download the GTN trainer from Garmin and put the Nav Data in the RXP files and get Nav Data from 2016. Does V2 have a more current database?

Since the Bonanza is only set up for V2 I'm tempted to install it and see what happens. Hopefully A2A updates the rest of the GA fleet for V2 soon and I won't have to worry.

monica6211
Staff Sergeant

Re: Reality XP V1 and V2

Post by monica6211 »

I have both of them currently install and have not had any conflicts. In fact, the v2 panel configurator recognizes the v1 gauges when you have a panel loaded with them and allows you to replace the v1 with the v2 on the fly. Very easy to work with.
Well, Back to Flying,
Monica

ImageImageImageImageImage

85chevy4x4
Airman

Re: Reality XP V1 and V2

Post by 85chevy4x4 »

That’s good to hear. I’m wondering if the trick of using files from the old Garmin Trainer software to update the RXP navigation data works in V2 as it did in V1? I’ve read you can download that particular version of the software anymore but I should be able to do a copy and paste from my V1 files

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”