Honeycomb Aeronautic Alpha yoke preview video

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Honeycomb Aeronautic Alpha yoke preview video

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Just got this from Honeycomb's Facebook page showing a few of the details of their new Alpha yoke. It looks great and I am very torn between it and the Bravo throttle quadrant now. I need a throttle though as my CH TQ took the big trash nap a couple of months ago but this yoke looks fantastic as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkC0NlM ... e=youtu.be
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Honeycomb Aeronautic Alpha yoke preview video

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Looks great. I may well buy if it makes it to Aus before my ancient CH yoke craps out.

Thanks for posting,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

If the red honeycomb is what the thing will actually look like they need to nix that. Looks like a toy. If it works as advertised for the price they have stated they don't need gimmicks.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

It is LED back lit. You can turn off the red honeycomb if you don't like it; as for being a gimmick, not really, the name of the company IS Honeycomb Aeronautic after all, I find it be a much less intrusive way of branding; as for being a toy, if you are not using it to make money or as just part of a hobby, that is all they are, toys, they just have varying degrees of expense.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

ImpendingJoker wrote:It is LED back lit. You can turn off the red honeycomb if you don't like it; as for being a gimmick, not really, the name of the company IS Honeycomb Aeronautic after all, I find it be a much less intrusive way of branding; as for being a toy, if you are not using it to make money or as just part of a hobby, that is all they are, toys, they just have varying degrees of expense.
Opinions are like ***holes everyone has one. I think it looks Mickey Mouse.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

dvm wrote:
ImpendingJoker wrote:It is LED back lit. You can turn off the red honeycomb if you don't like it; as for being a gimmick, not really, the name of the company IS Honeycomb Aeronautic after all, I find it be a much less intrusive way of branding; as for being a toy, if you are not using it to make money or as just part of a hobby, that is all they are, toys, they just have varying degrees of expense.
Opinions are like ***holes everyone has one. I think it looks Mickey Mouse.
I am sorry if I offended you but, that it is back lit is a FACT not an opinion, the fact that no matter the cost of a piece of flight sim hardware unless being used for a simulator that is used to make money, is a toy regardless of price is FACT not opinion. The fact they are named Honeycomb Aeronautic and thus have chosen to brand their yoke in this way is a FACT not opinion. I merely linked a video to which many have expressed interest was for informational purposes only. The only one that spouted opinions was you when you said it looked like a toy then said it looks like Mickey Mouse. Your language is coarse and serves in no way to further the discussion.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Not at all offended. Just giving my opinion. I think it looks silly and unrealistic. I am often irreverent so don't take it personal. :D

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

dvm wrote:Not at all offended. Just giving my opinion. I think it looks silly and unrealistic. I am often irreverent so don't take it personal. :D

Go look at some of the higher end luxury planes out there and you'll find that this is not really that out of the realm of possibility to be in a cockpit. As for looking silly as I stated before you can turn off that back lit LED and you can't even tell that the Honeycomb is there. The yoke itself is very close to yokes I have seen in planes I've worked on such as Global Expresses and TBM850s and they even indicate that it is meant to be some where between smaller GA and airliner yokes, and this would put it in things like TBM850s and PC-12s.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

ImpendingJoker wrote:
dvm wrote:Not at all offended. Just giving my opinion. I think it looks silly and unrealistic. I am often irreverent so don't take it personal. :D

Go look at some of the higher end luxury planes out there and you'll find that this is not really that out of the realm of possibility to be in a cockpit. As for looking silly as I stated before you can turn off that back lit LED and you can't even tell that the Honeycomb is there. The yoke itself is very close to yokes I have seen in planes I've worked on such as Global Expresses and TBM850s and they even indicate that it is meant to be some where between smaller GA and airliner yokes, and this would put it in things like TBM850s and PC-12s.
OK ! :roll:

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Honeycomb Aerosnorkel..... the guy used to work for Saitek, not NASA.

If you look at the images of the Throttle Quadrant, from about 2 years ago .... yes it has been in dev that long ... it has a "ARP" button.

Pretty sure it is meant to be APPR. EDIT... LOL..... APR
Last edited by Gabe777 on 04 Oct 2018, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

clamp free mounting????

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

I feel your irreverence .... I've been banned from AVSIM 7 times ! Some people just take everything so personally... :shock:
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”