Virtual Cockpit Sound Issue - Please Help

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
joepoway
Airman First Class

Virtual Cockpit Sound Issue - Please Help

Post by joepoway »

I seem to have a rather unique sound issue.

I fly mostly in P3Dv4.3 using Native VR with my Oculus Rift headset and do not use FlyInside. The Rift is set-up with sound playback and mic directed to the Rift and my default playback device is my Samsung TV speakers. P3D sound is set to Default playback device and all sound boxes are On. I use Windows sound option window to switch between Rift and Samsung.

Let me try an explain my issue. When I launch P3D all my sounds VC and External play as they should through my TV speakers i.s. the default playback device. If I want to fly VR I launch Oculus Home and P3D and sound is being played to my default TV speakers and to my Rift headset even though I haven't launched Native VR yet. When I select P3D Native VR Oculus the sound stops broadcasting in the Rift headset but stays on the TV speakers. I then switch the default playback to the Rift headset using the Windows 10 sound options hit pause then unpause and the sound is in the Rift headset and no longer on the TV speakers. I can disable Native VR and then switch my default playback device my TV speakers hit pause and unpause and everything works as it should. This resetting the default is no problem and I have actually set-up a VoiceAttack command to switch the default playback device. Before anyone suggests its the VoiceAttack process is the issue I am about to describe it's independent of whether I use VA or manually change my default playback. All my P3D aircraft sounds as well as all my add-on aircraft like PMDG, RealAir, Ants etc... all work fine. When I enable P3D VR Oculus and switch the sound default to Rift Headset all my external view and Virtual Cockpit sounds play through the headset and the TV speakers are silent. When I disable P3D VR and switch default sound playback to my Samsung TV speakers all the sound is played through the TV Speakers. Again I will mention that after I switch default sound playback I do have to pause the sim and "unpause" it to get the sound to work. Also when the playback is switched from one device to the other I make sure the previous device is in "ready" mode not "Default Communications Device" or the P3D ATC will not come through the default device it still plays through the previous default device that is now called "default communications device", as long as one device is Default and the other Ready all is fine.

The issue I have is that all my A2A aircraft will not play the VC sounds through the device I switch to, they stay with the device they were initially channeled to. The external sounds switch to the newly selected default sound device but not the VC sounds. The only way I can get them to work in the newly selected playback device is to reload the aircraft which defeats the purpose of toggling in and out of P3D VR. Also whatever the default playback device was when a loaded any A2A aircraft the VC sounds stay on that device even when I switch playback devices. So the problem is I need to make sure my default playback device is Rift before loading my A2A aircfraft if I want to fly VR and hear VC sounds in my headset and then if I disable VR and switch playback to my TV speakers the VC sound stays in the headset only because that is where is was started up in. Again this issue only applies to all my P3D A2A aircraft (C172, T-6, and the P-51) all were properly installed and updated with the new A2A store installers after I deleted the previous installs and appropriate folders. All my Simconnect files are current. Also the shift+3 sound configure is set at 100% for all aircraft.

There seems to be something unique to how the A2A VC sounds are channeled verses all my other 30+ aircraft that don't display this issue. Can anyone suggest what might be causing this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

Thanks in advance
Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”