Honeycomb Aeronautical mixed news

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Honeycomb Aeronautical mixed news

Post by ImpendingJoker »

The good news is that it looks like they are still coming to a retailer near you, however it looks like it will take a bit longer than anticipated. They are going to have some units for testing at GamesCom in Germany in August, and then they are doing an initial pilot run of 200 units to test tooling to be ordered from their site in September with main production runs to be coming in December. The bad news is those of us that have been waiting for their product to come to market have to wait a little longer. Hopefully these will be as good as they are saying at a price point that most of us here can afford.
While I am not in the market for a new yoke, I am looking very much to their throttle quadrant. It will have a built in trim wheel, annunciater panel, landing gear lever, and levers for making twin or single props, and multi-engine jets with working thrust reverser levers for up to 4 engines, so I am very much looking forward to this setup. Lets all hope their will be no more delays and that this enters the market sooner rather than later.

Below are the website and Facebook URLs.

https://flyhoneycomb.com/
https://en-gb.facebook.com/FlyHoneycomb/
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Honeycomb Aeronautical mixed news

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I asked on the Honeycomb facebook and unfortunately the news is for the yoke. The Throttle unit, I too am looking forward to seeing come to market, is after the yoke, so still a wait for us to see how the throttles will be. Fingers crossed for basic standardised windows Plug and play no additional silly software etc needed.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Hey Lewis,

Yeah, it seems they are saying that the throttles will come out as production units at the same time as the yoke hits full production status. From a reply on their Facebook page:
"This is regarding the yoke. The throttle is technically a much simpler product, so we'll focus on that once the yoke has been validated. We still plan on launching both products simultaneously so pilot prodution timeline and orders will be the same. We will however not have throttle at GamesCom."

The way I read that is that after they do their initial 30 unit pre-pilot run for GamesCom, that they will get the throttle and the yoke into pilot production at the same time, and will be released full production at the same time as the yoke.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping to get a new PC in September and will then make the move to P3D. I've been watching this as it's supposed to feature a full 180* motion on the yoke, and my present yoke is Idunno how many years old. If it reviews well, I might pick up one of these later too.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”